    If a new dSLR was announced at the show....how long before it hits the
    shelves?
    mms

    dragon1964, Jan 24, 2004

  2. dragon1964

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "dragon1964"

    > When do companies like Canon make their "big announcements?" Are they
    > made the first day of the show or at the end?

    At the beginning ... usually the "leaks" are pretty accurate a few days prior
    to the show and someone lets the cat out of the bag early anyway.

    >If a new dSLR was announced at the show....how long before it hits the
    >shelves?

    They seem to have learned the Osborne Computer lesson that announcing a greatly
    improved new product pretty much kills off sales of the now outdated older
    model, so at least last year they had large quantities of 10D's on shelves
    right away, though it was still hard to get one for about 3 months last year
    since demand was so high.

    But anything can happen, these are just guesses.

    Bill Hilton, Jan 24, 2004

  3. dragon1964

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Canon usually makes all their big announcements in the week or two before
    the show starts.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    "dragon1964" <> wrote in message
    > I bought a 10D refurb and love the camera. I returned it because it had

    no
    > real warranty. I could buy it again but I would like to see what Canon

    will

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 24, 2004
  4. dragon1964

    dragon1964 Guest

    So that means any day now?
    mms

    dragon1964, Jan 25, 2004
  5. dragon1964

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Pretty much. I know I'm going to be watching the digital news sites
    closely for the next couple weeks.

    Tony Spadaro, Jan 25, 2004