    when taking shots.
    JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
    to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.
    Irwell, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Irwell

    jjs Guest

    In article <>,
    (Irwell) wrote:

    > Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
    > when taking shots.
    > JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
    > to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

    I don't know what camera it is, but if the viewfinder is on the top or
    left, then you might consider holding it upside-down.
    jjs, Nov 8, 2003

  3. There is no one right way. Different cameras and different people will
    need different ideas. BTW jjs has a great idea that must of us would miss.
    Be creative and find what works for you. This is one reason I try to
    recommend anyone buying a camera get their hands on it before they buy one.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 8, 2003
  4. (Irwell) wrote:

    >Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
    >when taking shots.
    >JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
    >to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

    The only important point is to hold it still, particularly with
    longer exosure times and longer zooms.

    If at all possible, lean the camera on or against something, the
    more contact points, the better (two better than one, for
    example).

    Push the shutter through in a slow and continuous movement of
    the finger. The danger here is that any jerky shutter push will
    shake the camera.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
    Hans-Georg Michna, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Irwell

    Leicaddict Guest

    (Irwell) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
    > when taking shots.
    > JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
    > to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

    Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
    probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
    check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
    off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !
    Leicaddict, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Irwell

    Irwell Guest

    On 9 Nov 2003 08:49:13 -0800, (Leicaddict) wrote:

    > (Irwell) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Any preferred methods for holding small (4x2x1 approx.)
    >> when taking shots.
    >> JUst recently had eye trouble in the right eye and have
    >> to switch to the left eye, right handed usage.

    >Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
    >probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
    >check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
    >off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

    Has the lodger been at your missus again?
    Irwell, Nov 9, 2003
  7. Irwell

    Alan Browne Guest

    _____________________
    /| /| | |
    ||__|| | Please do not |
    / O O\__ | feed the |
    / \ | Trolls |
    / \ \|_____________________|
    / _ \ \ ||
    / |\____\ \ ||
    / | | | |\____/ ||
    / \|_|_|/ | _||
    / / \ |____| ||
    / | | | --|
    | | | |____ --|
    * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
    *-- _--\ _ \ | ||
    / _ \\ | / `'
    * / \_ /- | | |
    * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    Alan Browne, Nov 9, 2003
  8. Irwell

    Alan Browne Guest

    > On 9 Nov 2003 08:49:13 -0800, (Leicaddict) wrote:
    >>
    >>Irwell, this is a very basic question. It has been asked and anwered
    >>probably hundreds of times in this group. I wish you amateurs would
    >>check the Google archives before you ask these stupid questions. Get
    >>off your lazy ass and do some homework on your own you dumb **** !

    > Has the lodger been at your missus again?

    .... that would explain a few things ...
    Alan Browne, Nov 9, 2003
  9. Irwell

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Nov 9, 2003