    ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
    Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
    The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

    nan, Oct 5, 2003

  2. nan

    Oldguy Guest

    You might take a look at http://shop4tech.com/. I just bought 100 DVD cases
    for $35.00 (free shipping).

    Be careful on Meritline. I initially bought 100 cases for $25.00 but found
    out shipping was an additional $18.00, plus tax. I cancelled that order in a
    hurry!

    Oldguy, Oct 5, 2003

  3. nan

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    nan wrote:
    > I just got a Panasonic DMR-E50 and ordered 100 blank DVD-R discs on
    > ebay for $130. What I got was JUST the discs, nothing to put them in.
    > Can someone recomend a cheap online source for individual holders.
    > The prices at the retail places here (Staples, etc.) are outrageous.

    I bought a box of 100 thin CD jewel boxes from Sam's club for 15
    dollars. The trouble with buying online is that shipping often doubles
    the price.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 5, 2003
  4. nan

    Skid Guest

    My local Sam's Club has Memorex slim jewel cases, 100 for $12. Five colors
    help in sorting, and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.
    Cheapest I've seen them online is $15. Staples sells their house brand for
    $20.

    Skid, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Skid wrote:

    > and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.

    Except you can't put a readable label on the spine so when
    to get to 3 to 4 entire book cases worth you can't find a
    single thing.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Oct 5, 2003
  6. nan

    Skid Guest

    "Darrel Christenson" <> wrote in message
    > Skid wrote:
    >
    > > and they take up less shelf space than standard CD cases.

    > Except you can't put a readable label on the spine so when
    > to get to 3 to 4 entire book cases worth you can't find a
    > single thing.

    True, but I put a title label on the flat portion of the cover that can be
    read without taking the disc from the rack because you can read through the
    clear back of the one beside it (hard to explain but it works ;>) plus a
    label on each disc that shows through the clear cover, and a printed
    synopsis of length, plot, director and actors on the back to job my memory
    when the title isn't enough.

    The colors can help, too. Red for foreign, gold for classics, blue for,
    well, blue movies. With only five colors you have to use some broad
    categories, but shelves and alphabetical order provide additional clues.

    No Dewey Decimal System or bar codes yet, but the case is starting to get
    full ...

    Skid, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Skid wrote:

    > No Dewey Decimal System or bar codes yet, but the case is starting to get
    > full ...

    True enough as well, but since I have all the walls in an
    entire room dedicated to shelving for books and DVDs so far
    I'm okay with the standard cases to which I can afix a spine
    label.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Oct 5, 2003
  8. "Oldguy" <> wrote in message
    > You might take a look at http://shop4tech.com/. I just bought 100 DVD

    cases
    > for $35.00 (free shipping).

    Are these the plastic "snap" cases or the better
    cases?

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Oct 6, 2003
  9. nan