    "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.

    Any thoughts, kind folk?
    clot, Mar 17, 2006

  2. clot

    Trax Guest

    "clot" <> wrote:

    |>I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
    |>
    |>I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
    |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
    |>
    |>When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
    |>closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
    |>being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having the
    |>difficulty on other sites.)
    |>
    |>"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    |>I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
    |>
    |>Any thoughts, kind folk?

    See if this works for you
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx

    Or

    http://tinyurl.com/nuo56

    This will open a windows media player -

    Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    --
    World’s Bravest Man
    http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/feminists1.jpg
    Trax, Mar 18, 2006

  3. clot <> wrote:

    > I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
    >
    > I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
    >
    > When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
    > closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
    > being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
    > the difficulty on other sites.)
    >
    > "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    > I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
    >
    > Any thoughts, kind folk?

    works for me
    Tom Eckersley, Mar 18, 2006
  4. clot

    clot Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "clot" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
    > |>
    > |>I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
    > |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
    > |>
    > |>When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
    > |>closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. -
    > despite
    > |>being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
    > the
    > |>difficulty on other sites.)
    > |>
    > |>"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking
    > access.
    > |>I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
    > |>
    > |>Any thoughts, kind folk?
    >
    > See if this works for you
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx
    >
    > Or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
    >
    > This will open a windows media player -
    >
    > Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >
    > --
    > World's Bravest Man
    > http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/feminists1.jpg

    Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.
    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  5. clot

    clot Guest

    "Tom Eckersley" <> wrote in message
    > clot <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
    >>
    >> I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
    >>
    >> When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
    >> closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
    >> being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
    >> the difficulty on other sites.)
    >>
    >> "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
    >> I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts, kind folk?

    > works for me

    Yes, but not for me despite Trax's help! Grr!

    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  6. clot

    clot Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message

    > "Trax" <> wrote in message

    >> despite
    >> the

    >> access.

    >> See if this works for you
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
    >>
    >> This will open a windows media player -
    >>
    >> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    >> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >>
    >> --
    >> World's Bravest Man
    >> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/feminists1.jpg

    > Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    > seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    > no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    > interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

    That should have been "quiet"!

    clot, Mar 18, 2006
  7. clot

    Trax Guest

    "clot" <> wrote:

    |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    |>> despite
    |>> the

    |>> access.

    |>> See if this works for you
    |>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx
    |>>
    |>> Or
    |>>
    |>> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
    |>>
    |>> This will open a windows media player -
    |>>
    |>> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
    |>> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    |>>
    |>> --
    |>> World's Bravest Man
    |>> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/feminists1.jpg

    |>Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    |>seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    |>no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    |>interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

    Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    If so try this link (mind control);
    http://blogcharm.com/funnychit

    "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
    brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
    technology."

    --
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
    Trax, Mar 18, 2006
  8. Trax wrote:

    > "clot" <> wrote:
    >

    > |>"Trax" <> wrote in message
    > |>news:... |>> "clot"
    > |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm |>> |>
    > despite

    > access.

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx

    > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    > |>Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
    > |>seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
    > |>no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
    > |>interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.
    >
    > Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
    couple days and was having trouble posting from there. :)

    > "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the brains
    > of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth technology."

    I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with food
    fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 18, 2006
  9. clot

    clot Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "clot" <> wrote:
    >

    >>> "Trax" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see
    >>> the seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked
    >>> it? I've no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so
    >>> it's an interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

    > Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    Not at all. You know what a voracious appetite he's got! I just wanted
    to protect that poor seal! I see you've "hooked" him. :)

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  10. clot

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Trax wrote:

    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx

    >> Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    > I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
    > couple days and was having trouble posting from there. :)
    >
    >> "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
    >> brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
    >> technology."

    > I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with
    > food fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

    Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)
    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  11. clot wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Trax wrote:

    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/video/9012da68003c998/nb/09012da68003cac1_16x9_nb.asx

    >>> Were you just trying to excite Blinky? :)

    >> I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
    >> couple days and was having trouble posting from there. :)
    >>
    >>> "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
    >>> brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
    >>> technology."

    >> I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with
    >> food fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

    > Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)

    A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then there's
    the bhark, who's an unknown quantity, and the chark, which is known to be
    a carrier.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  12. clot

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > clot wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house
    >>> for a couple days and was having trouble posting from there. :)

    >>> I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them
    >>> with food fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

    >> Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)

    > A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then
    > there's the bhark, who's an unknown quantity, and the chark, which is
    > known to be a carrier.

    Oh I see - I think? Glad you cleared that up for me! :)
    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  13. clot

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:44:59 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >clot wrote:

    <snippity>

    >> Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)

    >A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then there's

    ^^^^^^^^
    (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use fixed-pitch fonts.)

    Heehee

    "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    --
    To install WordBlurf 9.0 on a network, place the write-enabled installation
    diskette in drive A and type A:netinstall. WordBlurf 9.0 will install itself
    Mara, Mar 19, 2006
  14. clot

    clot Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:30:57 GMT, "clot" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mara wrote:

    >>> <snippity>

    >>> ^^^^^^^^
    >>> (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use
    >>> fixed-pitch fonts.)
    >>>
    >>> Heehee
    >>>
    >>> "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    >> Careful - that could be a "fun trap" Blinky laid there! Water and
    >> deseases? :)

    > You know, I've been building a new box, and haven't eaten supper yet.
    > Shark-fin soup *does* sound good.... A<eg>
    >
    > "I *am* the QoE, after all."

    A small portion of Swan, perhaps,as the next course, Marm?

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  15. clot

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Mar 19, 2006
  16. clot

    clot Guest

    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  17. Mara wrote:

    > On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:44:59 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>clot wrote:

    > <snippity>
    >

    >>> Pedant! :) What's an ahark? ;)

    >>A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then there's

    > ^^^^^^^^
    > (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use fixed-pitch
    > fonts.)

    Yeah, no spelchekker in this client.

    > Heehee

    As for fixed pitch -- no sweat; fixed pitch is part of cluefulness. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  18. clot wrote:

    > Mara wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:44:59 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> clot wrote:

    >> <snippity>

    >>> A shark that tests clean for sexually transmitted deseases. Then
    >>> there's

    >> ^^^^^^^^
    >> (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use fixed-pitch
    >> fonts.)
    >>
    >> Heehee
    >>
    >> "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    > Careful - that could be a "fun trap" Blinky laid there! Water and
    > deseases? :)
    >>
    >>> the bhark, who's an unknown quantity, and the chark, which is known to
    >>> be a carrier.

    Ummmm...yeah, that's it! Ignore my note about not Pan not having a
    spelchekker. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 19, 2006
  19. clot

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > clot wrote:
    >
    >> Mara wrote:

    >>> <snippity>

    >>> ^^^^^^^^
    >>> (That's under "deseases," for those like me who don't use
    >>> fixed-pitch fonts.)
    >>>
    >>> Heehee
    >>>
    >>> "Sorry, couldn't resist."

    >> Careful - that could be a "fun trap" Blinky laid there! Water and
    >> deseases? :)

    > Ummmm...yeah, that's it! Ignore my note about not Pan not having a
    > spelchekker. :)

    Do you know, if it wasn't for your moniker, I'd have thought you were
    human! :)
    clot, Mar 19, 2006
  20. clot

    Mike Easter Guest