    What if I don't get that screen and want to go to setup.
    Get a blinking cursor. Top left. 3 seconds, then the HP screen. I want to
    boot from floppy. Am having no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Dan, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Dan

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:36:21 GMT, Dan wrote:

    >What if I don't get that screen and want to go to setup.
    >Get a blinking cursor. Top left. 3 seconds, then the HP screen. I want to
    >boot from floppy. Am having no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    RTFM.

    Since you didn't say what model PC, and only mentioned HP. How about
    www.hp.com and check -

    1. the online manual
    2. online FAQ / help & support pages.

    It could be F10 , Compaq's did that but the block cursor was top right,
    maybe even DEL.

    Me
    why?, Oct 26, 2003

  3. On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:36:21 GMT, "Dan" <>
    wrote:

    >What if I don't get that screen and want to go to setup.
    >Get a blinking cursor. Top left. 3 seconds, then the HP screen. I want to
    >boot from floppy. Am having no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    HP, who acquired Compaq. May be using the same BIOS as the Compaq
    Deskpro series computers.... If so, when the cursor is in the top
    right, press the F10 key to get to setup. Some BIOS's can disable the
    "Press __ for setup" message..., but try F10, it sounds like a Compaq
    BIOS..... Only when the cursor is in the top right corner....
    John H. Guillory, Oct 26, 2003