    may help me decide what to do? I have a question posted to one of
    their groups too.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 23, 2004

  2. joevan

    Brian H¹© Guest

    joevan said:

    > I have searched Google and found lots of hit counters.
    > My page is with Verizon and I thought they would supply one but I
    > can't find out if they do or not.
    > All of the counters I found want to put an ad on your page and my page
    > has no advertizing. Anyone have any information on hit counters that
    > may help me decide what to do? I have a question posted to one of
    > their groups too.
    > joevan

    If you have access to raw logs you can install something like
    http://www.analog.cx/ and http://www.reportmagic.org/ and maintain your own
    stats on your pc.
    The above are freeware, whereas the following http://www.weblogexpert.com/
    requires a paid licence after a 30 trial period.
    They do a free version as well, but it is doesn't give anywhere near as much
    data as the pay for version.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 23, 2004

  3. joevan

    Eureka Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message news:<c6p_b.82$bJ1.6@newsfe1-win>...
    > joevan said:
    >
    > > I have searched Google and found lots of hit counters.
    > > My page is with Verizon and I thought they would supply one but I
    > > can't find out if they do or not.
    > > All of the counters I found want to put an ad on your page and my page
    > > has no advertizing. Anyone have any information on hit counters that
    > > may help me decide what to do? I have a question posted to one of
    > > their groups too.
    > > joevan

    > If you have access to raw logs you can install something like
    > http://www.analog.cx/ and http://www.reportmagic.org/ and maintain your own
    > stats on your pc.
    > The above are freeware, whereas the following http://www.weblogexpert.com/
    > requires a paid licence after a 30 trial period.
    > They do a free version as well, but it is doesn't give anywhere near as much
    > data as the pay for version.

    Another good statistics generator is Webalizer and Awstats.

    EuReKa

    Check out http://www.cloud80.com

    Eureka, Feb 23, 2004