    pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is not available. Is
    there any way to access the history?

    Michael

    Michael, May 19, 2006

  2. Michael wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > I am trying to access a page in my history that was removed from the web
    > server. Problem is my history, even though it says save pages for 9 days,
    > doesn't seem to have saved any? I disconnect my connection and try to access
    > pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is not available. Is
    > there any way to access the history?
    >
    > Michael

    You mistake the purpose of history.
    History doesnt SAVE any web pages, it simply writes down the url of
    where you went. So if the web page was removed from the web, going back
    there will get you the not available message.

    If you want to SAVE web pages you have to do that yourself.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 19, 2006

  3. Michael

    Tom Allen Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Michael wrote:
    >> hello
    >>
    >> I am trying to access a page in my history that was removed from the
    >> web server. Problem is my history, even though it says save pages for
    >> 9 days, doesn't seem to have saved any? I disconnect my connection and
    >> try to access pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is
    >> not available. Is there any way to access the history?
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > You mistake the purpose of history.
    > History doesnt SAVE any web pages, it simply writes down the url of
    > where you went. So if the web page was removed from the web, going back
    > there will get you the not available message.
    >
    > If you want to SAVE web pages you have to do that yourself.

    You could review some pages viewed with IE in folder called Temporary
    Internet Files. I don't know if FF or Mozz uses anything like that.

    Tom Allen, May 19, 2006