    several programs I previously had running, and "History Kill" is one. I am
    curious if it caused the crash.

    Remove "DELANY" to reply by e-mail.

    Babel17DELANY, Nov 30, 2003

  2. "Babel17DELANY" <> wrote in message
    news:ZElyb.28810$...
    > Has anyone had any experience with a crash on their XP machine after
    > installing "History Kill" ?
    >
    > I received a "NTLDR" error on attempting to reboot, and was unable to boot
    > my machine until a lengthy repair.
    >
    > While I don't know why the crash occurred, I have decided to not reinstall
    > several programs I previously had running, and "History Kill" is one. I

    am
    > curious if it caused the crash.

    I have no experience with the program, in fact had never heard of it before.
    That being said, I would assume that the way they have splattered sites all
    over the net, in .com, .net, .info, and other domains, that something smells
    funny about it. Personally I would rather rely on TweakUI and manual
    history cleaning than something like that product. In fact, as I was
    googling for it, I started feeling shades of "Evidence Eliminator" sneaking
    up on me - another program to be avoided at all costs, if reports on Usenet
    are to be believed.

    Dave

    --
    No, not that Dave. Not the other one, either.

    Dave Thornburgh, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Thanks.
    I probably will not install History Kill on the XP machine.

    Babel17DELANY, Dec 1, 2003