    been going into options and cleaning out all these types of files with
    the button these all at once in FF's options.

    Tx.

    S.Rodgers, Apr 24, 2005

  2. S.Rodgers

    scratch Guest

    S.Rodgers wrote:
    > I have a cleaner bat that cleans up IE etc whenever I use it. Because
    > of my years of using this bat with IE, forgot about the issues of
    > these types of files in the time I've been using FF. I never use the
    > history features in browsers except once in a blue moon, like today.
    >
    > Can I add the path of these 2 files in my cleaner bat so that FF also
    > is included in the cleanup? Up till now, whenever I remember I've
    > been going into options and cleaning out all these types of files with
    > the button these all at once in FF's options.

    You can, and you can also set history to 0 days so it isn't stored in
    the first place, as well as turning off form history saving.

    -scratch

    scratch, Apr 24, 2005

  3. scratch wrote:
    > S.Rodgers wrote:
    >
    >> I have a cleaner bat that cleans up IE etc whenever I use it. Because
    >> of my years of using this bat with IE, forgot about the issues of
    >> these types of files in the time I've been using FF. I never use the
    >> history features in browsers except once in a blue moon, like today.
    >> Can I add the path of these 2 files in my cleaner bat so that FF also
    >> is included in the cleanup? Up till now, whenever I remember I've
    >> been going into options and cleaning out all these types of files with
    >> the button these all at once in FF's options.

    > You can, and you can also set history to 0 days so it isn't stored in
    > the first place, as well as turning off form history saving.

    Doesn't that screw up the back button?

    Neil Marshall, Apr 24, 2005
  4. S.Rodgers

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Neil Marshall wrote:
    > scratch wrote:
    >
    >> S.Rodgers wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a cleaner bat that cleans up IE etc whenever I use it. Because
    >>> of my years of using this bat with IE, forgot about the issues of
    >>> these types of files in the time I've been using FF. I never use the
    >>> history features in browsers except once in a blue moon, like today.
    >>> Can I add the path of these 2 files in my cleaner bat so that FF also
    >>> is included in the cleanup? Up till now, whenever I remember I've
    >>> been going into options and cleaning out all these types of files with
    >>> the button these all at once in FF's options.

    >> You can, and you can also set history to 0 days so it isn't stored in
    >> the first place, as well as turning off form history saving.

    > Doesn't that screw up the back button?

    No.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 25, 2005
  5. S.Rodgers

    S.Rodgers Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:11:57 -0400, scratch <>
    wrote:

    >S.Rodgers wrote:
    >> I have a cleaner bat that cleans up IE etc whenever I use it. Because
    >> of my years of using this bat with IE, forgot about the issues of
    >> these types of files in the time I've been using FF. I never use the
    >> history features in browsers except once in a blue moon, like today.
    >>
    >> Can I add the path of these 2 files in my cleaner bat so that FF also
    >> is included in the cleanup? Up till now, whenever I remember I've
    >> been going into options and cleaning out all these types of files with
    >> the button these all at once in FF's options.

    >You can, and you can also set history to 0 days so it isn't stored in
    >the first place, as well as turning off form history saving.
    >
    >-scratch

    Thank you! I'll add it to my bat file. :eek:D

    S.Rodgers, May 5, 2005