    histogram to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be
    due to excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an
    anti-histogram before shooting?

    Cynicor, Apr 1, 2006

  2. Cynicor

    Paul Allen Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    > blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the
    > histogram to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be
    > due to excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an
    > anti-histogram before shooting?

    You should give it to the camera. The camera might tolerate it
    better via the battery compartment, but you'll get better results
    administering the dose via the memory card slot. Be warned that
    antihistograms can cause excitability or drowsiness in some
    cameras. And, whatever you do, don't let the camera get into
    "drive" mode.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Cynicor

    imbsysop Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    > blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the histogram
    > to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be due to
    > excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an anti-histogram before
    > shooting?

    take a big dose of anti or you'll get anaphylactic shock from the pollen ...

    imbsysop, Apr 1, 2006
  4. "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    > blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the histogram
    > to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be due to
    > excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an anti-histogram before
    > shooting?

    Yes. Also before processing the photos, if your software has histograms.

    The alternative is to go back to film, which is non-histogramic. But who
    wants to do that?

    John Falstaff, Apr 2, 2006
  5. On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:50:51 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    >blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the
    >histogram to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be
    >due to excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an
    >anti-histogram before shooting?

    Is this the multicolor histogram of the D200 or the single channel
    histogram of the D70?
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 2, 2006
  6. Cynicor

    Don Stauffer Guest

    John Falstaff wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    >>blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the histogram
    >>to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be due to
    >>excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an anti-histogram before
    >>shooting?

    > Yes. Also before processing the photos, if your software has histograms.
    >
    > The alternative is to go back to film, which is non-histogramic. But who
    > wants to do that?

    Maybe we need antihistogram software filters?

    Don Stauffer, Apr 3, 2006
  7. "Don Stauffer" <> wrote in message
    > John Falstaff wrote:
    >> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I've been going outside to take macro photos of the flowers that are
    >>>blooming in my area this spring. But every time I rely upon the histogram
    >>>to judge exposure, the pictures come out poorly. Could this be due to
    >>>excessive spring pollen in the air? Should I take an anti-histogram
    >>>before shooting?

    >> Yes. Also before processing the photos, if your software has histograms.
    >>
    >> The alternative is to go back to film, which is non-histogramic. But who
    >> wants to do that?

    > Maybe we need antihistogram software filters?

    Possibly, but histograms serve an important purpose. They prevent sneezing,
    or maybe it's the other way around.

    John Falstaff, Apr 3, 2006