    [​IMG]
    The HIS X800GT that we've had in the shop performed well for a mid-range contender. While it's performance wasn't outstanding, it brought in playable frame rates and decent image quality, just like the 6600GT's that we've seen. However, with ATi's Crossfire technology not quite out in the open yet and nVidia's SLI already close to a year old, you won't be running a dual card setup with the X800GT just yet.

    Review link: http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/VGA/HIS_X800GT_IceQ/index.htm

    Silverstrand, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm afraid to buy an ATI card right now....

    ...the prices keep dropping since they are way behind the eight ball when compared to nVidia. I am thinking about a mid-range card soon tough, maybe another 6800 GT as those prices drop due to the 7800 GTs coming in. :)

    bigal, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am sticking ATi, always been great for me... EXCEPT GIGABYTE CARDS!!!! :p... its HIS all the way! :D

    unholy, Oct 5, 2005