Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of years off.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by my, Jan 23, 2010.

  1. my

    my Guest

    The head of a panel of United Nations climate scientists said Saturday he
    would not resign despite a recent admission that a panel report warning
    Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of years off.

    The claim, made in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's
    voluminous, Nobel-winning report, came in a paragraph with several errors.
    Data indicates the ice could melt by 2350. The assertion went virtually
    unnoticed until The Sunday Times said the projection seemed to be based on a
    news report.

    The scientists are investigating how the forecast got into the report and
    apologized Thursday for the mistakes, adding that they were not intentional.
    But the errors have opened the door for attacks from climate change
    skeptics.

    But Rajendra Pachauri, who heads the panel, said no action would be taken
    against the authors of the report and he would not resign.

    "I have no intention of resigning from my position," Pachauri said on
    Saturday, adding the errors were unintentional and not significant in
    comparison to the entire report. The mistakes also do not negate the fact
    that worldwide, glaciers are melting faster than ever, he said.

    He added that such mistakes must be avoided because effective climate change
    policy depends on good, credible science. He said he is now working on the
    fifth IPCC assessment report dealing with sea level rise and ice sheets,
    oceans, clouds and carbon accounting. The report is expected by 2014.

    On Sunday, the environment ministers from Brazil, South Africa, India and
    China are scheduled to meet in the Indian capital New Delhi to discuss how
    they will fight global warming. The four nations, which brokered a political
    accord with President Obama at last month's climate summit in Copenhagen,
    will play a key role in shaping a legally binding climate deal that the U.N.
    hopes will be completed by the end of 2010 in Mexico.

    Pachauri said it was "a practical necessity" to postpone a Jan. 31 deadline
    set by the Copenhagen accord for developing countries to present their
    nonbinding carbon-curbing actions, and for rich nations to submit
    economy-wide emissions targets for 2020
    my, Jan 23, 2010

  2. my

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Re: Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of yearsoff.

    Two Cents To The my Post:

    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2010/01/2010123125937664296.html

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Jan 23, 2010

  3. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "Manatee Memories" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:49:07 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote, by way of
    > <hjfucs$nc9$-september.org>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > -->::
    >
    >>In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>Two Cents To The my Post:
    >>> The head of a panel of United Nations climate scientists said Saturday
    >>> he
    >>> would not resign despite a recent admission that a panel report warning
    >>> Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of years off.
    >>>

    >>http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2010/01/2010123125937664296.html

    > If I had the chance to live *well* "beyond" my years, I would choose to
    > stay-around until the "global-warming 'hysterics'" find out that
    > humanity could *never* have so-much an impact on this planet's
    > environment as "nature", itself.

    "Having lost the climate change argument on popular, economic and scientific
    grounds, those who want to regulate fossil fuels have stooped to playing the
    race card," noted Borelli.

    http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-EPA_CBC_012210.html
    Ferd.Berfle, Jan 24, 2010
  4. my

    my Guest

    You have a very limited vocabulary and even more limited knowledge.

    Did the welfare queen or david give you permission to post?

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    "Ferd.Berfle" <> clouded the waters of pure thought
    with news:hjhqtf$fln$-september.org:

    > "Manatee Memories" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:49:07 -0600, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote, by way of
    >> <hjfucs$nc9$-september.org>, in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
    >>
    >>>In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added
    >>>My Two Cents To The my Post:
    >>>>
    >>>http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2010/01/2010123125937664296
    >>>.html

    >> If I had the chance to live *well* "beyond" my years, I would
    >> choose to stay-around until the "global-warming 'hysterics'" find
    >> out that humanity could *never* have so-much an impact on this
    >> planet's environment as "nature", itself.
    >>

    > "Having lost the climate change argument on popular, economic and
    > scientific grounds, those who want to regulate fossil fuels have
    > stooped to playing the race card," noted Borelli.
    >
    > http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-EPA_CBC_012210.html

    Is this the Flat Earthers Butt **** conga-line daisy chain thread?

    Dont forget your rubbers...

    --
    http://reclaimdemocracy.org/
    my, Jan 24, 2010
  5. my

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > "Ferd.Berfle" <> clouded the waters of pure thought
    > with news:hjhqtf$fln$-september.org:
    >

    >> "Manatee Memories" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:49:07 -0600, OldGringo38
    >>> <> wrote, by way of
    >>> <hjfucs$nc9$-september.org>, in
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::

    >>> If I had the chance to live *well* "beyond" my years, I would
    >>> choose to stay-around until the "global-warming 'hysterics'" find
    >>> out that humanity could *never* have so-much an impact on this
    >>> planet's environment as "nature", itself.
    >>>

    >> "Having lost the climate change argument on popular, economic and
    >> scientific grounds, those who want to regulate fossil fuels have
    >> stooped to playing the race card," noted Borelli.
    >>
    >> http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-EPA_CBC_012210.html

    Snot Wolf, the typical illiterate reader of commondreams.
    Ferd.Berfle, Jan 24, 2010
  6. my

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Re: Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of yearsoff.

    Two Cents To The Manatee Memories Post:
    > On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:49:07 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote, by way of
    > <hjfucs$nc9$-september.org>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > -->::
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The my Post:
    >>> The head of a panel of United Nations climate scientists said Saturday he
    >>> would not resign despite a recent admission that a panel report warning
    >>> Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of years off.
    >>>

    >> http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2010/01/2010123125937664296.html

    > If I had the chance to live *well* "beyond" my years, I would choose to
    > stay-around until the "global-warming 'hysterics'" find out that
    > humanity could *never* have so-much an impact on this planet's
    > environment as "nature", itself.

    That will certainly an interesting find, but unfortunately unless
    something changes quick, I won't be around to see the results. Dammit <g>

    OldGringo38, Jan 24, 2010
  7. my

    my Guest

    You have a very limited vocabulary and even more limited knowledge.

    Did the welfare queen or david give you permission to post?

    Punk

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    "Ferd.Berfle" <> clouded the waters of pure thought
    with news:hji02a$553$-september.org:

    > Sno<SLAP>

    Yer wot?

    --
    http://reclaimdemocracy.org/
    my, Jan 24, 2010
  8. my

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Re: Himalayan glaciers could be gone by 2035 was hundreds of yearsoff.

    Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:
    > On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:09:54 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Manatee Memories Post:
    >>> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:49:07 -0600, OldGringo38
    >>> <> wrote, by way of
    >>> <hjfucs$nc9$-september.org>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >>> -->::

    >>> If I had the chance to live *well* "beyond" my years, I would choose to
    >>> stay-around until the "global-warming 'hysterics'" find out that
    >>> humanity could *never* have so-much an impact on this planet's
    >>> environment as "nature", itself.
    >>>

    >> That will certainly an interesting find, but unfortunately unless
    >> something changes quick, I won't be around to see the results. Dammit <g>

    > Why not be cryogenically frozen until say 2100? Thta should be plenty
    > of time.

    I'm not absolutely sure I haven't done that already. <g>

    OldGringo38, Jan 24, 2010