    When I use HijackThis again I see that problem was not fixed, why?
    I thank you

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    "Adriano" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I have just used HijackThis and after scanning I saw some errors.
    > I have a problem about Internet Explorer. In fact when I open Internet
    > Explorer and I go online it automatically shows a not desired page.
    > HijackThis sees that problem and then I fix that problem. When I
    > open again IE, it shows again that page.
    > When I use HijackThis again I see that problem was not fixed, why?
    > I thank you

    because HijackThis isn't getting rid of all the parts of the spyware that is
    causing the problem. You need to use more than just HijackThis. Use Adaware,
    and Spybot Search and Destroy.
    Thor, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Adriano

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > because HijackThis isn't getting rid of all the parts of the spyware
    > that is causing the problem. You need to use more than just
    > HijackThis. Use Adaware, and Spybot Search and Destroy.

    There are some things that AdAware and Spybot won't remove. Yesterday I
    had a 98SE customer that we had to run HijackThis, get the .dll name
    (msdoh.dll, in this case), boot to a command prompt (safe mode wouldn't
    allow deletion) and delete that file in order to fix the problem.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <> wrote in message
    > "Thor" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > because HijackThis isn't getting rid of all the parts of the spyware
    > > that is causing the problem. You need to use more than just
    > > HijackThis. Use Adaware, and Spybot Search and Destroy.

    > There are some things that AdAware and Spybot won't remove. Yesterday I
    > had a 98SE customer that we had to run HijackThis, get the .dll name
    > (msdoh.dll, in this case), boot to a command prompt (safe mode wouldn't
    > allow deletion) and delete that file in order to fix the problem.

    I absolutely agree. I regularly use 5 and sometimes 6 different anti-spyware
    tools, (including HijackThis) along with several pages worth of manual
    removal notes for those items that none of the automated ones seem to get.
    My point was merely that he should try some other tools, since HijackThis
    *alone* is not a good general anti-spyware tool. It's a great supplemental
    tool IMHO.
    Thor, Sep 7, 2004