    I've been hijacked by searchmaid homepage, how I do i remove this? I've run
    adaware, spymaster and cw shredder to no availa and it still remains! please
    advise.
    Starman, Mar 26, 2005

  2. "Starman" <> wrote in
    news:1541e.12159$:

    > I've been hijacked by searchmaid homepage, how I do i remove this?
    > I've run adaware, spymaster and cw shredder to no availa and it still
    > remains! please advise.

    101

    Hi. Try hijackthis and post results omitting personal info.

    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

    "Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?", Robin Williams
    Darko Gavrilovic, Mar 26, 2005

  3. Starman

    donnie Guest

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:49:33 GMT, "Starman"
    <> wrote:

    >I've been hijacked by searchmaid homepage, how I do i remove this? I've run
    >adaware, spymaster and cw shredder to no availa and it still remains! please
    >advise.

    ########################
    There is one of some google results for that. Always search google
    and the registry when something like that happens.
    http://forums.techguy.org/archive/t-338679.html

    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    http://www.searchmaid.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    http://www.searchmaid.com/

    F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe, msmsgs.exe

    View Hidden Files
    Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the
    View tab.
    Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked.
    Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
    Uncheck hide extensions
    Now click "Apply to all folders", Click "Apply" then "OK"

    Delete these files

    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ msmsgs.exe

    START ? RUN ? key in %temp% OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? Delete
    then go to C:\windows\temp and select EVERYTHING except temporary
    internet files, cookies and history folders and delete all that and
    then do the same for C:\temp

    Empty the recycle bin
    donnie, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Starman

    Starman Guest

    Donnie, I go to windows explorer, click on the tools then options but there
    is no View tab!!! Any other suggestion or way to do this?

    Starman, Mar 27, 2005
  5. Starman

    donnie Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:22:53 GMT, "Starman"
    <> wrote:

    >Donnie, I go to windows explorer, click on the tools then options but there
    >is no View tab!!! Any other suggestion or way to do this?

    You have 2 post confused. I mentioned the following site and suggested
    to look in the registry
    http://forums.techguy.org/archive/t-338679.html

    To answer the view question, go into the control panel and choose
    folder options. That should give you the view tab.
    donnie
    donnie, Mar 29, 2005