    appreciated.

    CR

    , Jun 28, 2005

  2. Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am doing some trouble shooting on a friend's computer, and I have run
    > into a hijacker that I cannot purge from the system plus a program
    > that
    > I do not know and also cannot purge.
    >
    > After running an anti-spyware program using Yahoo! Anti-spy, I have
    > come across a hijacker called PeopleOnPage. However, I have been
    > unable
    > to remove this hijacker from the system. Is there any advice on how to
    > remove it?

    According to this source, it appears in Add/Remove Programs:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/peopleonpage.shtml

    According to this source it does not:
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453074934

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 28, 2005

  3. JANA Guest

    This is a bad one!

    Disable the System Restore feature for the operating system, and run your
    antiviral software to see if it will be fixed.

    Information about the series of virus mentioned:
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ocxdll/

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message
    I am doing some trouble shooting on a friend's computer, and I have run
    into a hijacker that I cannot purge from the system plus a program that
    I do not know and also cannot purge.

    After running an anti-spyware program using Yahoo! Anti-spy, I have
    come across a hijacker called PeopleOnPage. However, I have been unable
    to remove this hijacker from the system. Is there any advice on how to
    remove it?

    Also, does anybody know what the file Ogzew is? I found it under
    Programs. When I opened the Ogzew file, there was a program called
    oxdylj.exe, which has been trying to access the Internet. But I have
    instructed my Sygate personal firewall not to do so until I know what
    exactly it is. Internet searches turned up no information.

    Any information on how to remove the hijacker, plus what the
    second-mentioned program is and if it needs to go, would be greatly
    appreciated.

    CR

    JANA, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Ionizer Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message

    > This is a bad one!
    >
    > Disable the System Restore feature for the operating system, and run
    > your
    > antiviral software to see if it will be fixed.
    >
    > Information about the series of virus mentioned:
    > http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ocxdll/

    oxdylj.exe = ocxdll.exe ?

    --
    Ian.