    and settings\daz\local settings\history have this prefix
    TIA
    win xp professional

    D@Z, Feb 23, 2005

  2. D@Z

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt' and
    at the prompt type (exactly):

    rd "c:\documents and settings\daz\local settings\history"

    Boot back into Windows and you will have a newly created
    history folder. Hopefully, this will cure the problem.

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:40:00 -0000, in
    <421cdc04$>
    D@Z scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2005

  3. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    Hi Mike,
    Tried what you suggested however when I typed the path to the History folder
    in command prompt all I got was "cannot fine the specified file" error,
    is rd to repair directory ?

    D@Z, Feb 23, 2005
  4. D@Z

    °Mike° Guest

    Please highlight the message you wish to reply to, before
    pressing 'Reply Group' -- do not reply to yourself.

    If you got that error message, then you did NOT type
    the command EXACTLY as I said.

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:32:45 -0000, in
    <>
    D@Z scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2005
  5. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    Hi Mike,

    I DID type in exactly as you said, with and without the quotation marks,
    both times it said specified file not found, tried it with capitals for the
    Documents and Settings part and lower case, all combinations return the same
    error???

    D@Z, Feb 23, 2005
  6. D@Z

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, then try using the attrib command to remove
    any hidden parameters first, like so:

    attrib -s -h -r "c:\documents and settings\daz\local settings\history"[ENTER]
    rd "c:\documents and settings\daz\local settings\history"[ENTER]

    Don't type [ENTER], just press the [ENTER] key.

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:35:27 -0000, in
    <>
    D@Z scrawled:

    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2005