    for spyware blockers and a porn link.

    Anyone know how I can stop my homepage from being switched?

    Im running windows XP, IE 6.

    JM, Oct 26, 2003

  2. JM

    Cammie Guest

    When in IExplorer, go into TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS and see what your
    Homepage is set to. Random browsing has at time got my homepage
    changed, just manually change it back to yahoo again.

    Cammie, Oct 26, 2003

  3. 1. Make sure Windows is up to date: In I.E. Tools ----> Windows Update
    follow the prompts

    2. Download Spybot Search and Destroy.
    http://andrewwatiker.homeip.net:81/software/spybotsd12.exe
    Be sure to use the update function. Search Google for the homepage.

    3. If that doesn't work try AdAware from Lavasoft.

    4. If you still can't get rid of it got to Start -----> Run ----->
    MSCONFIG -----> Startup Tab see if anything suspicious exists

    5. Try Mozilla a free browser that is safer from these types of attacks.
    www.mozilla.org

    6. Use Linux (Yay!) :)

    --
    Andrew Watiker

    Visit My Website: http://andrewwatiker.alturl.com
    or
    http://andrewwatiker.homeip.net:81

    "All We Are Saying is Give Peace a Chance."
    - John Lennon

    Peace & Love.
    "JM" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I was wondering how to get my homepage back to what I used to have.
    > Today my homepage randomly was switched to
    > http://default-homepage-network.com/start.cgi . I thought I fixed it and
    > got it to load my normal homepage again, but after I opened and closed IE

    > few times, the homepage was switched again. I cant recall ever visiting

    any
    > sites that I normally dont visit or anything like that. but obviously i'm
    > missing something. The homepage that opens up is some blank page that
    > spawns 3 - 4 popups and then I get one popup that stays in the task bar
    > (unless you use the task manager to close it) and it will randomly spawn

    > for spyware blockers and a porn link.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can stop my homepage from being switched?
    >
    > Im running windows XP, IE 6.

    ---

    Andrew Watiker, Oct 26, 2003
  4. JM

    JM Guest

    Thanks but ive already done that. That did not solve my problem. The
    problem is that after I switch it back and immediately close internet
    explorer, when I re-open my browser the homepage will have been changed
    again.

    JM, Oct 26, 2003
  5. JM

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "JM" <> wrote in news:4NTmb.997$:

    > Anyone know how I can stop my homepage from being switched?

    Download and install SpyBot Search and Destroy. You have spyware on your
    system.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 27, 2003
  6. JM

    Cammie Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "JM" <> wrote in news:4NTmb.997$:
    >
    > > Anyone know how I can stop my homepage from being switched?
    > >

    > Download and install SpyBot Search and Destroy.

    I second that, I recently did that to find Wildtangent implanted in my
    system, and found quite a few traces of spyware

    Cammie, Oct 27, 2003
  7. JM

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Cammie" <> wrote in news:k9%mb.5740$Mw5.2438
    @news02.roc.ny:

    > I second that, I recently did that to find Wildtangent implanted in my
    > system, and found quite a few traces of spyware

    WildTangent is a game network thingy. The presence of it is not really
    anything to worry about most of the time. Having it run in the background
    constantly is something to eliminate though.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 27, 2003
  8. JM

    Wizard Guest

    Try running "Ad-Aware" from Lavasoft.de

    Wizard, Oct 27, 2003
  9. JM

    Laura Guest

    I don't know how to switch them back, but i too am a victim of the
    hijacked homepage. i sent an email to the company, maybe i can get
    something done that way.

    Laura, Nov 18, 2003
  10. JM

    clydeo Guest

    Download Spybot Search and Destroy or AdAware, update them and run them.
    Delete everything they find as they make backups, but you won't need them as
    they are relentless in their searches but very trustworthy. They're both
    free and widely heralded. Clydeo

    clydeo, Nov 20, 2003