    I heard that "HiJack This" is good to find spyware/adware... Any tips /
    comments / suggestions / advice on using it?

    Howie

    Howie, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Howie

    LPV Guest

    Howie wrote:

    > I heard that "HiJack This" is good to find spyware/adware... Any tips /
    > comments / suggestions / advice on using it?

    -------------------------
    Download "Hijack This!" [freeware]

    Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save
    Log" button.

    Click: "Save Log" (generates: "hijackthis.log")

    Next, go to the below location:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/ (or spyware forum of your choice)

    Sign in, go to the "Spyware and Hijackware Removal" section.
    Press "New Topic", copy and paste hijackthis.log into your new message.

    Let them decipher it for you.

    (Source: Heather in the alt.comp.virus newsgroup)

    In addition, you may want to consider using two of the most popular
    spyware/adware detections programs around and they're both free (just Google
    for them).

    1. AdAware

    2. Spybot Search & Destroy Ver. 1.3

    HTH,