    Any person can tell me step by step what I have to do?
    My Best
    Saref
    Saref Aref, May 21, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    Pepperoni Guest

    It may be your boot sequence. Your PC is looking to boot from "a", and your
    CD is "d" (or whatever) The settings are in your bios settings. Set to
    boot from "d" then "a" then "c". (CD, floppy, HDD, your drive letters may
    vary)
    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Hi every body.
    > It's known now that Creation of "Start up" bootable CD disk is essential,
    > simply because it's not vulnerable for viruses attacks. I created a CD

    disk

    Pepperoni, May 21, 2004

  3. Saref Aref

    Yep Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message news:<40ad5690$>...
    > Hi every body.
    > It's known now that Creation of "Start up" bootable CD disk is essential,
    > simply because it's not vulnerable for viruses attacks. I created a CD disk
    > and transmitted all the data of the Floppy startup on this CD disk(burning
    > it)
    > Unfortunately it does not work !!!!!
    > I think the computer can not identify the disk or its drive,
    > noting that I use Windows Me
    > Any person can tell me step by step what I have to do?
    > My Best
    > Saref

    Did you use the "make boot CD" option in you burning software or did
    you just copy the files and burn them.

    To make the disk bootable you have to go into "make bootable CD", copy
    the files and then also have a source for the MBR for the boot CD or
    it won't work.

    One way to do this is to copy the files of the bootable floppy to a
    folder on the desktop. Leave the bootable floppy in the A drive. Open
    your burning software and select make bootable CD. For the source
    files browse to the folder you created and add the files. Next select
    floppy A as the source for the MBR for the boot CD. Click burn. The
    software will pull the MBR from the floppy and then burn the files you
    selected thus making a bootable CD.

    Good luck
    Yep, May 21, 2004
  4. Saref Aref