    To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
    (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
    in a new window. Thanks.
    Wygtya, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Wygtya

    Moz Champion Guest

    Wygtya wrote:
    > The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
    > that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
    > them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
    > install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
    > the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
    > To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
    > (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
    > in a new window. Thanks.

    If you want the name of an installed extension, then simply go to

    Tools-->Extensions
    and there it is!

    If you dont know the name (and it isnt installed) then you either have
    to sort through them, or ask.

    A tool thank allows you to query the extension room is
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1866

    Sorry I am unable to discern which extension (if any) does what you wish
    Moz Champion, Aug 2, 2005

  3. On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:50:32 GMT, Wygtya <> wrote:

    >The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
    >that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
    >them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
    >install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
    >the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
    >To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
    >(semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
    >in a new window. Thanks.

    This one?

    "Plain Text to Link"

    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=623
    Cecilie Christensen, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Wygtya

    MLC Guest

    Il Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:50:32 GMT, Wygtya ha scritto:

    > The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
    > that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
    > them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
    > install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
    > the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
    > To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
    > (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
    > in a new window. Thanks.

    I know these two:

    "Text Link"
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=119&hl=url
    launches the url with a double click

    "text-plain"
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=158&hl=url
    fits better your description :)

    --
    Maria Luisa C - 02/08/2005 22.30.14
    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million
    MLC, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Wygtya

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Wygtya wrote:
    > The "bad" thing about getting extensions from the FireFox website is
    > that the default is to install the software online, rather than dl'ing
    > them. If you don't save it, you're s/o/l, like me, if you want to re-
    > install them and don't remember its name. There's over 500 available at
    > the website but there's only 10 per page = 50 pages to wade through.
    > To stay on task; I need the extension that when you highlight a "legal"
    > (semantically correct) url on a webpage, a rt click on it will open it
    > in a new window. Thanks.

    That annoys me as well when an extension page only lists the automatic
    install link. You can usually puzzle out the actual .xpi file
    link/location by viewing either the page source (CTRL+U) or page
    information (CTRL+I). I use this technique to download some streaming
    media and Flash files that are only meant to be viewed online and not
    saved locally.

    I keep a basic html template file on hand for this purpose. Once I find
    the actual file link in the source or info display I paste that link
    into my html file, open the page in my browser, and use that to activate
    a download action.

    If you're not clear on what I've described let me know and I'll give you
    an example.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net