Highest Scores - Poll

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by ivy, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. ivy

    ivy Guest

    I just finished taking my last exam (70-300) for the
    MCSD.NET cert and it was very arduous with a huge time
    constraint. I ended up with a PASS score which was
    satisfactory for me.

    This was my first MS test in which I did not receive a
    detailed breakdown of my performance and score. I would
    like to know what others are experiencing and also to
    decipher how MS grades, I would like to know what others
    are scoring. Is 1000 really the max score?

    Here are my results:
    70-229 :: 823
    70-300 :: PASS
    70-305 :: 891
    70-306 :: 867
    70-310 :: 885

    Hope to hear from you!

    ivy, Apr 8, 2004

  2. ivy

    John Smith Guest

    Is it matter ? I just concern only how much I make ? Do I get the job or
    better job ? Can I get the job done ? That's it.

    John Smith, Apr 9, 2004

  3. ivy

    ivy Guest

    What did you just write? I can't decipher it! What
    coding paradigm is that? Hmmm, quite interesting. YUCC -
    Your Ugly Compiler Compiler... your senior thesis. Can
    we say ignoramus?

    ivy, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Microsoft have just started putting the scores back on the their
    exams. So the fact that you have a score for most of your exams shows
    you have taken them recently. My scores ( with the exception of 70-229
    which I took back in 2001) only show pass with no score as these were
    taken some time back.

    Microsoft in the past, also gave a breakdown of the score, i.e. per
    subject area.

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:00:51 -0700, "ivy"
    <> wrote:

    >I just finished taking my last exam (70-300) for the
    >MCSD.NET cert and it was very arduous with a huge time
    >constraint. I ended up with a PASS score which was
    >satisfactory for me.
    >
    >This was my first MS test in which I did not receive a
    >detailed breakdown of my performance and score. I would
    >like to know what others are experiencing and also to
    >decipher how MS grades, I would like to know what others
    >are scoring. Is 1000 really the max score?
    >
    >Here are my results:
    >70-229 :: 823
    >70-300 :: PASS
    >70-305 :: 891
    >70-306 :: 867
    >70-310 :: 885
    >
    >Hope to hear from you!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 9, 2004
  5. ivy

    Al Manint Guest

    Honestly I studied enough to pass. I think that the MCSD.NET is the price
    of ENTRY. Most of the stuff that required thought, I had to learn on my
    own. Stuff like how the CLR REALLY works. You won't find that on any exam
    but if you don't know it you can't really scale.

    That's just my two cents. I couldn't really care to memorize all the ADO
    objects and methods. I used it - and knew enough of em for the multiple
    choice pass. In my day to day coding, I can code it or quickly look at the
    docs when I've not used that object that many times.

    It's Pass/Fail. Oh - and I did the whole .NET series in beta so all I
    really got was a pass or fail.

    --Al (MCSD.NET, MCDBA)

    Al Manint, Apr 12, 2004