    to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
    different speed hubs. Do they exist?

    Thanking you all

    sonsdad, May 3, 2004

  2. sonsdad

    Unknown Guest

    Where does the message come from? A higher speed USB (USB 2) won't do a thing
    to speed up a printer.

    Unknown, May 3, 2004

  3. sonsdad

    sonsdad Guest

    HI

    The message appears from my system tray since moving to XP

    Cheers

    sonsdad, May 3, 2004
  4. sonsdad

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "sonsdad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I keep getting a message asking for a 'high speed USB' to allow my printer
    > to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
    > different speed hubs. Do they exist?
    >
    > Thanking you all

    Yeah - what you have is a USB 2.0 interface in the printer, but a USB 1.x
    hub in the computer. I don't know of any way to turn off that *stinking*
    message. I get it too (scanner is USB 2.0). So I bought a PCI slot add-in
    card with USB 2.0 and use that for my higher speed USB devices (camera,
    scanner, external HD). The older stuff still goes on the original USB 1.x
    and now I don't see that message anymore. (Card cost me like $10 or so.)

    Toolman Tim, May 4, 2004