    appears that even though some brands claim a higher speed, it is not
    necessarily up to spec. and in some cases the Sandisk outperformed even
    the higher speed cards.

    lilnow, Sep 8, 2006

  2. lilnow

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "lilnow" <> writes:
    > Does anyone have benchmarks regarding the high speed SD cards. I read a
    > couple in the dpreview, but can't decide whether to get the Sandisk
    > Ultra II (60x) 2 gb for $96 or the Rocketfish 166x 2 gb for $70.

    That is way too much to pay either way. I got a Transcend 2gb card
    for $40 a couple months ago and they're less now. I think mine was
    60x but this one is $37.99 and 150x:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820163158

    Paul Rubin, Sep 8, 2006

  3. lilnow

    lilnow Guest

    Wow, that's a good deal. Too bad I don't live in the US.

    lilnow, Sep 8, 2006
  4. lilnow

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "lilnow" <> writes:
    > Wow, that's a good deal. Too bad I don't live in the US.

    I don't know what kind of $ you meant then--if AUD, the amounts
    mentioned aren't bad. It's possible that newegg.com will ship to
    other countries. You could also try zipzoomfly.com or meritline.com.

    Paul Rubin, Sep 8, 2006
  5. lilnow

    Sammy Guest

    On 08 Sep 2006, lilnow <> wrote:

    > Wow, that's a good deal. Too bad I don't live in the US.

    It is not quite as good a deal but Amazon UK is advertising this:

    2GB SD memory by Transcend for £29 (= $54)
    http://tinyurl.com/jkhx3

    The speed is a very decent 150x.

    Sammy, Sep 9, 2006
  6. lilnow

    lilnow Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I guess I should tell everyone I'm in Canada! :) and this is the best
    deal I could find. So does anyone have experience with Rocketfish? I
    can't find any reviews on this card and I'm not sure of it's
    reliability.

    BTW thank Paul for your suggestion about newegg.com. I tried to get it
    online but they only ship to the US.

    lilnow, Sep 9, 2006