High Speed Scanners

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    If anyone knows of any companies apart from Panasonic that make high
    speed business scanners, or even just home use all in one
    printer/scanners than are not flatbed, that can suck in document after
    document (just like a printer does with paper when printing), and that
    can also print a document number/id on the document as it is scanned,
    I'd be very grateful for your info.

    I've been using the Panasonic KV S2065 (and the 2055 before that) and
    they are not very good at all especially the imprinter part. For that
    amount of money you'd expect it to be able to do the job you bought it
    for.

    I would be extremely happy if Epson, Canon or HP started making their
    own models as I'm sure they would do a better job, and that the
    printer part would be a lot better, and the cartridges for it wouldn't
    cost so much money.

    John

    John, Jul 29, 2004

  2. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:38:38 +0100, A strange species called John
    <> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >If anyone knows of any companies apart from Panasonic that make high
    >speed business scanners, or even just home use all in one
    >printer/scanners than are not flatbed, that can suck in document after
    >document (just like a printer does with paper when printing), and that
    >can also print a document number/id on the document as it is scanned,
    >I'd be very grateful for your info.
    >
    >I've been using the Panasonic KV S2065 (and the 2055 before that) and
    >they are not very good at all especially the imprinter part. For that
    >amount of money you'd expect it to be able to do the job you bought it
    >for.
    >
    >I would be extremely happy if Epson, Canon or HP started making their
    >own models as I'm sure they would do a better job, and that the
    >printer part would be a lot better, and the cartridges for it wouldn't
    >cost so much money.
    >
    >John

    The correct term for the type of scanner I'm talking about above is a
    high speed sheetfed scanner.

    John, Jul 29, 2004

  3. John

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:38:38 +0100, A strange species called John
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello.
    > >
    > >If anyone knows of any companies apart from Panasonic that make high
    > >speed business scanners, or even just home use all in one
    > >printer/scanners than are not flatbed, that can suck in document after
    > >document (just like a printer does with paper when printing), and that
    > >can also print a document number/id on the document as it is scanned,
    > >I'd be very grateful for your info.
    > >
    > >I've been using the Panasonic KV S2065 (and the 2055 before that) and
    > >they are not very good at all especially the imprinter part. For that
    > >amount of money you'd expect it to be able to do the job you bought it
    > >for.
    > >
    > >I would be extremely happy if Epson, Canon or HP started making their
    > >own models as I'm sure they would do a better job, and that the
    > >printer part would be a lot better, and the cartridges for it wouldn't
    > >cost so much money.
    > >
    > >John

    > The correct term for the type of scanner I'm talking about above is a
    > high speed sheetfed scanner.

    Fujitsu has a number of them. Model number escapes me right now...

    Adam Steiner, Jul 30, 2004
  4. John

    GTS Guest

    HP makes both multifunction printers and stand alone scanners with sheet
    feeders.

    GTS, Jul 30, 2004
  5. John

    Hoffman Guest