High Score on 70-218

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Glauco Carvalho, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Glauco Carvalho, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Glauco Carvalho

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Glauco Carvalho spewed across the
    ether:

    > A friend told me his score on 70-218, Managing a Microsoft Windows
    > 2000 Network Environment,
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-218.asp was 1007.
    >
    > Is that possible? Do someone know anyone with a higher score on any
    > test?

    Yes. We have heard many reports in here of scores in excess of 1000. The
    pass requirement of 700 does not equate to 70%.

    And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max score.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Glauco Carvalho

    kpg Guest

    JaR <> wrote in

    > And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
    > score.

    Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.
    kpg, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Glauco Carvalho

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    >> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
    >> score.

    > Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

    I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
    original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working for
    Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed the magic
    number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of their minds and
    forgotten it.

    I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
    wrong!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jul 13, 2005
  5. Don't know. Keep in mind that no two tests are alike. A pass is a pass. ---
    Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Jul 13, 2005
  6. Glauco Carvalho

    kpg Guest

    JaR <> wrote in

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167675.htm (7/13/2005
    > 2:53:46 PM) # In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across
    > the ether:
    >
    >>> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
    >>> score.

    >> Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

    > I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
    > original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working
    > for Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed
    > the magic number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of
    > their minds and forgotten it.
    >
    > I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
    > wrong!

    Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school (don't ask). The
    instructor went through great pains to explain that a forklift does not
    steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn instead of the front.

    So on the test there is the question: True or False: A forklift steers just
    like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently answered 'False'. We
    all got it wrong. When confronted, the instructor explained: Well of
    course a forklift steers just like regular car, turn the wheel left and it
    goes left, turn it right and it goes right.

    kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g
    kpg, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Glauco Carvalho

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the
    ether:

    > Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school

    (don't ask).
    > The instructor went through great pains to explain that a

    forklift
    > does not steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn

    instead
    > of the front.
    >
    > So on the test there is the question: True or False: A

    forklift steers
    > just like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently

    answered
    > 'False'. We all got it wrong. When confronted, the

    instructor
    > explained: Well of course a forklift steers just like

    regular car,
    > turn the wheel left and it goes left, turn it right and it

    goes right.

    > kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g

    Exactly!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jul 13, 2005
  8. Glauco Carvalho

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > JaR <> wrote in
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167675.htm (7/13/2005
    >> 2:53:46 PM) # In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across
    >> the ether:

    >>> Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

    >> I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
    >> original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working
    >> for Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed
    >> the magic number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of
    >> their minds and forgotten it.
    >>
    >> I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
    >> wrong!
    >>

    > Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school (don't ask). The
    > instructor went through great pains to explain that a forklift does not
    > steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn instead of the front.
    >
    > So on the test there is the question: True or False: A forklift steers
    > just
    > like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently answered 'False'.
    > We
    > all got it wrong. When confronted, the instructor explained: Well of
    > course a forklift steers just like regular car, turn the wheel left and it
    > goes left, turn it right and it goes right.
    >
    > kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g

    If the instructor had merely substituted the word "steer" with "turn" or
    "manuever", he'd have been correct.

    I woulda been pissed.
    Frisbee®, Jul 13, 2005
  9. "JaR" wrote:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    >
    > >> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
    > >> score.

    > > Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

    > I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
    > original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working for
    > Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed the magic
    > number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of their minds and
    > forgotten it.
    >
    > I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
    > wrong!
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > Thug 10110
    > MCNGP.com Dept of Improbable Events

    I can't beleive nobody here knows. Ok, so I will pass on the golden
    information:

    The max score for 70-218 is....
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    100%

    There. You happy now?
    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Jul 13, 2005
  10. Glauco Carvalho

    kpg Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in

    > If the instructor had merely substituted the word "steer" with "turn"
    > or "manuever", he'd have been correct.
    >
    > I woulda been pissed.

    We were, but of course the point is...

    ....there is no 100%

    kp "and there ain't no 10's" g
    kpg, Jul 13, 2005
  11. Glauco Carvalho

    CBIC Guest

    > I can't beleive nobody here knows.

    Oh they know. They just can't tell us.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Jul 13, 2005
  12. Glauco Carvalho

    kpg Guest

    CBIC <> wrote in

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167693.htm (7/13/2005
    > 4:42:42 PM) #
    >> I can't beleive nobody here knows.

    > Oh they know. They just can't tell us.

    The irony is that the people that are most concerned with
    what the max score is are the ones that won't be coming
    anywhere near it.

    So anyone out there that wants to know, just get all the
    answers right :)

    I'm sure as the question set changes, so does the max score,
    so the whole thing is a moot point anyway.

    kp "I like saying moot" g
    kpg, Jul 13, 2005
  13. Glauco Carvalho

    Jtyc Guest

    > kp "I like saying moot" g

    Moot is good. I also like to through out the occassional "irrelevant" too.

    I hate the phrase "the bottom line is" or "the reality is".
    Jtyc, Jul 13, 2005
  14. Glauco Carvalho

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    >> kp "I like saying moot" g

    > Moot is good. I also like to through out the occassional "irrelevant"
    > too.
    >

    > I hate the phrase "the bottom line is" or "the reality is".

    Or if you have a PHD: "It turns out that..."

    "Disputed" is kewl, but I kinda like "moot" too.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jul 14, 2005
  15. Glauco Carvalho

    catwalker63 Guest

    JaR <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:
    >
    >>> kp "I like saying moot" g

    >> Moot is good. I also like to through out the occassional "irrelevant"
    >> too.
    >>

    >> I hate the phrase "the bottom line is" or "the reality is".
    >>

    > Or if you have a PHD: "It turns out that..."
    >
    > "Disputed" is kewl, but I kinda like "moot" too.

    I prefer "dubious".

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Jul 14, 2005
  16. Glauco Carvalho

    CBIC Guest

    > I prefer "dubious".

    My all time favorite is "allegedly"
    CBIC, Jul 14, 2005
  17. Glauco Carvalho

    kpg Guest

    CBIC <> wrote in

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167712.htm (7/14/2005
    > 8:00:15 AM) #
    >> I prefer "dubious".

    > My all time favorite is "allegedly"

    The bottom line is that allegedly the reality is
    disputed because it turns out that in therory, the
    moot and dubious point is not even in the ballpark.

    kp "hope that clears things up for ya" g
    kpg, Jul 14, 2005
  18. Glauco Carvalho

    CBIC Guest

    kpg wrote:
    > CBIC <> wrote in
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167712.htm (7/14/2005
    >> 8:00:15 AM) #
    >>> I prefer "dubious".

    >> My all time favorite is "allegedly"

    > The bottom line is that allegedly the reality is
    > disputed because it turns out that in therory, the
    > moot and dubious point is not even in the ballpark.
    >
    > kp "hope that clears things up for ya" g

    You forgot heretowit and wherewithall.
    --
    aka
    Doom (Delirious from being here most of last night doing upgrades and back
    CBIC, Jul 14, 2005
  19. Glauco Carvalho

    Jtyc Guest

    > kp "hope that clears things up for ya" g

    So... what your saying is... if she weighs as much as a duck... she's made
    of wood?
    Jtyc, Jul 14, 2005
  20. Glauco Carvalho

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> kp "hope that clears things up for ya" g

    > So... what your saying is... if she weighs as much as a duck... she's
    > made of wood?

    And therefore...
    Frisbee®, Jul 14, 2005