    ------------------
    "Any married man should forget his mistakes,
    there's no sense in two people remembering the same thing"
    Ron, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Ron wrote:
    > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it
    > used for? TIA,
    >
    > Ron

    What is "high resolution paper?"

    Assuming you want a good looking photograph to be framed and displayed
    where there is normal or brighter room light and you are looking for it to
    last longer than weeks, you should choose a combination of printer/ink/paper
    that produces archival prints. A good result involves all three. Change
    one and the results are not predictable.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Ron

    Mark B. Guest

    "Ron" <> wrote in message
    > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it used
    > for? TIA,
    >
    > Ron

    Can you be more specific about the paper?
    Mark B., Jun 8, 2004
  4. Ron

    Ron Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Ron wrote:
    > > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it
    > > used for? TIA,
    > >
    > > Ron

    > What is "high resolution paper?"
    >
    > Assuming you want a good looking photograph to be framed and displayed
    > where there is normal or brighter room light and you are looking for it to
    > last longer than weeks, you should choose a combination of

    printer/ink/paper
    > that produces archival prints. A good result involves all three. Change
    > one and the results are not predictable.
    >
    > --
    > Joseph E. Meehan
    >
    > 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Some company called Canon, I believe, makes it. Canon HR-101. One side is an
    ultra white coated surface. It's called High Resolution and believe it or
    not, there's a high resolution paper setting on all of my printers,
    including a HP 825C. So, I guess it's a common place paper. I just want to
    know for what situations is it used for. Graphics? Or could it be used for
    photos?

    Ron
    Ron, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Ron

    Bob Huckleby Guest

    Ron wrote:

    > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it used
    > for? TIA,
    >
    > Ron

    This is what I found at Canon's online store.
    High Resolution Paper - 13 X 19 - 20 sheets $6.95
    Premium Paper For Professional Results. Optimize output resolution to
    create near-photographic images. This paper is great when you want high-
    quality color output to produce winning reports and eye-catching graphics.
    Use with genuine Canon Photo Inks for true photo-quality output.
    Bob Huckleby, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Ron

    Ron Guest

    "Bob Huckleby" <> wrote in message
    > Ron wrote:
    >
    > > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it used
    > > for? TIA,
    > >
    > > Ron

    > This is what I found at Canon's online store.
    > High Resolution Paper - 13 X 19 - 20 sheets $6.95
    > Premium Paper For Professional Results. Optimize output resolution to
    > create near-photographic images. This paper is great when you want high-
    > quality color output to produce winning reports and eye-catching graphics.
    > Use with genuine Canon Photo Inks for true photo-quality output.

    Thanks, I found that too. But I guess I was looking for anyone who had used
    this for color photos and what the results were. It looks like its primary
    purpose is for business graphics. It has a matte finish and the cost looks
    good. I wondered if it could be used instead of the more expensive photo
    matte paper. Thanks again,

    Ron
    Ron, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Ron

    leo Guest

    leo, Jun 9, 2004
  8. "Ron" <> skrev i melding

    > "Bob Huckleby" <> wrote in message
    > > Ron wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is this suitable for printing photos for framing? If not, what's it

    used
    > > > for? TIA,
    > > >
    > > > Ron

    > > This is what I found at Canon's online store.
    > > High Resolution Paper - 13 X 19 - 20 sheets $6.95
    > > Premium Paper For Professional Results. Optimize output resolution to
    > > create near-photographic images. This paper is great when you want high-
    > > quality color output to produce winning reports and eye-catching

    graphics.
    > > Use with genuine Canon Photo Inks for true photo-quality output.
    > >

    > Thanks, I found that too. But I guess I was looking for anyone who had

    used
    > this for color photos and what the results were. It looks like its primary
    > purpose is for business graphics. It has a matte finish and the cost looks
    > good. I wondered if it could be used instead of the more expensive photo
    > matte paper. Thanks again,
    >
    > Ron

    I use it for printing matte photos on my S9000. Framed pictures still looks
    like new after hanging on my wall for more than a year. Try it if you don't
    need/want the shiny surface of the Canon Pro Paper.

    JPM
    Jan-Petter Midtgård, Jun 9, 2004