    please take a look and give opinions so I can let my friend know what changes to make,
    thanks for all your help ahead of time.

    >1p7?

    XCSystems, Oct 11, 2003

  2. XCSystems

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003

  3. XCSystems

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:08:06 GMT, XCSystems wrote:

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from Newsgroups:
    1a.greenville.goal,24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >My friend started a website, www.xcsystems.com.

    <snip sales crap> is nothing to do with changes to site.
    >please take a look and give opinions so I can let my friend know what changes to make,
    >thanks for all your help ahead of time.

    homepage claims to be

    <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

    however it won't validate automatically as a line like this is missing

    />

    Using the extended options at http://validator.w3.org/detailed.html
    to set the encoding to Western 8859-1 it still is not HTML 4.01
    Transitional.

    Report, 13 errors, all simple and shouldn't be there.
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.xcsystems.com&charset=iso-8859-1+%28Western+Europe%29&doctype=Inline&verbose=1>

    As for the CSS
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xcsystems.com%2Fstylesheet.css&warning=1&profile=css2&usermedium=all>
    The fixed px sizes for fonts is a bad idea.

    Me

    why?, Oct 11, 2003