    I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    Jason Powell, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Jason Powell

    John Holmes Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Jason Powell came up with this:

    > I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    > my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    > Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    I think Mother Nature really hates you because you remind her so much of
    all her mistakes!

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Jason Powell wrote:

    > I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    > my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    > Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the walls?

    (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who the
    hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food imply
    that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

    How about leaded gasoline?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Jason Powell

    Nik Schlein Guest

    I was thinking under the bridge he lives or from the paint chips he eats

    Nik Schlein, Nov 19, 2004
  5. Jason Powell

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Jason Powell wrote:
    >
    >> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    >> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    >> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    > Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the
    > walls?
    >
    > (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who
    > the hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food
    > imply that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

    I take it, you're not a parent, and haven't spent a lot of time
    around very young children.
    --
    "You wouldn't ask."

    trout, Nov 19, 2004
  6. Jason Powell

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Nov 19, 2004
  7. Jason Powell

    Jim Guest

    Have you been getting cheeky with the local mafia boss, this will often
    result with lead in the brain I should imagine.
    That can realy **** up the thought process. No disrespect intended.
    > Jason Powell wrote:
    >
    >> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    >> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    >> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    > Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the walls?
    >
    > (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who the
    > hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food imply
    > that there's ALREADY brain damage?)
    >
    > How about leaded gasoline?
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >
    > Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

    ---

    Jim, Nov 19, 2004
  8. Jason Powell

    Scraggy Guest

    Jason Powell wrote:
    > I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    > my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    > Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    Any dark street at say, 2 am. Apparently 357 magnum is particularly noxious.
    --
    The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
    arm bears. -- Chris Addison

    Scraggy, Nov 19, 2004
  9. trout wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Jason Powell wrote:

    >>> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    >>> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    >>> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    >> Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the
    >> walls?

    >> (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who
    >> the hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food
    >> imply that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

    > I take it, you're not a parent, and haven't spent a lot of time
    > around very young children.

    I have a kid, but didn't spend much time around her. Apparently I
    should've been there more, to teach her how to correctly eat paint
    off the walls. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 20, 2004
  10. Jim wrote:

    > Have you been getting cheeky with the local mafia boss, this will often
    > result with lead in the brain I should imagine.

    Sharks don't have much in the way of cheeks.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 20, 2004
  11. Jason Powell

    Avenger© Guest

    On 19 Nov 2004 12:30:08 -0800, (Jason Powell)
    wrote:

    >I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    >my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    >Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    By standing in front of a .357 magnum :eek:)
    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam

    Avenger©, Nov 20, 2004
  12. Jason Powell

    Parko Guest

    Jason Powell wrote:

    > I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    > my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    > Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    By breathing. Do you drive an older car?

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Nov 20, 2004
  13. Jason Powell

    treehugger Guest

    "Jason Powell" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    > my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    > Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    My ex-husband used to melt lead on the gas hob in the kitchen during my pregnancy, filling the air with lead fumes. He was casting lead ball ammunition for his muzzle loaders club. He wouldn't stop even after telling him I was concerned for the unborn baby so I called environmental health who ordered him to stop. My son was eventually born with a neurological disorder and I divorced the uncaring b*$***d !

    treehugger, Nov 20, 2004
  14. Parko wrote:
    > Jason Powell wrote:
    >
    >> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
    >> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
    >> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

    > By breathing. Do you drive an older car?

    Yes, Lead is (sadly) contained in fuel for old cars.
    This is no longer allowed in many countries.
    The reason is that lead actually improves the
    process of burning the fuel.

    Another source of lead is tap water as there are still some
    lead pipes in old houses.

    And melting of lead can also be a problem.

    Regards,
    Dani

    Dani Oderbolz, Nov 21, 2004