    new mother board.
    any help much appreciated,
    thanks wayne
    Wayne Upson, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Wayne Upson

    Boomer Guest

    Wayne Upson wrote:
    > please can anyone tell me how the hell to lower my page usage file,
    > its running above 250mb and my pooter is running extremely slow.
    > cheers
    > i have just installed a new radion 9600xt, memory additional 256 and
    > also a new mother board.

    If you have installed an ADDITIONAL 256MB, then by that measure alone, your
    pagefile should be 375MB. If one assumes you mean you doubled your RAM when
    you say you put in an ADDITIONAL 256MB, then your pagefile should be at
    least 760MB.

    Buy a bigger fucking disk, you cheap ****, or get rid of some of your kiddy
    porn collection.

    And it' COMPUTER, not POOTER, you illiterate fuckstick.

    **** me dead, I don't why clever people like me bother with dumbfucks like
    you. it must be the powerrrrrrrrrr.
    Boomer, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Wayne Upson

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Wayne Upson" <> wrote:

    >please can anyone tell me how the hell to lower my page usage file, its
    >running above 250mb and my pooter is running extremely slow. cheers
    >i have just installed a new radion 9600xt, memory additional 256 and also a
    >new mother board.
    >any help much appreciated,
    >thanks wayne

    What version of Windows?

    Assuming it is Windows XP.

    Download the free page file usage from
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_pagefilemon.htm or from
    http://billsway.com/notes_public/WinXP_Tweaks/ and use it to see how
    much, if any, actual usage is being made of the page file.

    Also see MVP Alex Nichol's article on virtual memory managment in
    Windows XP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

    And when you installed the new motherboard did you do a Repair Install
    of your Windows XP so as to ensure that the proper drivers and
    configuration settings are being loaded?
    See http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for details.

    And if you are not running Windows XP then please post a reply back
    here with your actual Windows version so you can recieve appropriate
    advice for that version of Windows.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --