    Clayton Guest

    Hi, I am getting very high memory usage from a svchost.exe at 139,052k
    I'm not sure how to find out what program it is, running Vista 64 SP-1

    Clayton, Jul 12, 2008

  2. Clayton

    Bill Patten Guest

    Hi Clayton,

    I have used a program called Whats Running to find this kind of problem. I
    had a problem with Readyboost, using lots of resources, turned it off in the
    Svc Menu and no more problems. It seems to be ok now after several updates
    including SP1. But I found it with WhatsRunning.

    www.whatsrunning.net Free for non commercial use.

    HTH

    Bill

    Bill Patten, Jul 12, 2008

  3. Clayton

    mikeyhsd Guest

    there is a program available via System Internals from MS that will tell you what it is.

    might be as sysinternals.

    mikeyhsd, Jul 12, 2008