    2) could any custom settings on the softphone improve my calls?

    TIA,
    jbr

    BigBen, Mar 11, 2006

  2. BigBen

    Zeng Guest

    On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:07:02 GMT, (BigBen)
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I'm using a wireless CDMA450 connection, with latency around 500 ms.
    >Stable bandwith is limited to 153 Kbps
    >
    >Given this conditions,:
    >1) which services could possibly be better for me, and
    >2) could any custom settings on the softphone improve my calls?
    >
    >TIA,
    >jbr

    jbr,
    You should look into what they're doing when running VoIP via VSATs.
    I don't how they address the latency but I think there's a few
    installations out there. Your delays sound like they'd fall into that
    category.

    BTW, who makes the 450 equipment that you're using?
    Zeng

    Zeng, Mar 20, 2006

  3. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 01:35:26 -0500, Zeng <> wrote:

    >You should look into what they're doing when running VoIP via VSATs.
    >I don't how they address the latency but I think there's a few
    >installations out there. Your delays sound like they'd fall into that
    >category.

    I don't know, and I don't think the company would tell me about those
    details

    >BTW, who makes the 450 equipment that you're using?

    I'm not sure about the manufacturer, (althoug apparently Kyocera), I
    can only identify the model: Telemodem Z010.

    The provider is Zapp:
    http://www.zapp.ro
    http://www.zapp.pt

    I'm in Portugal.