high-end specialty ccd cameras for military gov. contract

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ck1224, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. ck1224

    ck1224 Guest

    I am looking for companies that could supply high-end specialty ccd
    cameras that could meet thes specifications listed below for a
    government R&D contract. Does anyone know
    of any companies that could help out?

    Thanks,
    Chuck K.

    Cameras specifications:
    All cameras - minimal size, minimal weight, minimal power consumption,
    reliability
    1. Visible camera:
    ~ 6 Megapixels resolution at 30 frames per second
    Chip format - 1/2in.
    Highest sensitivity ( ~ 0.001 lx with F# 1.4 lens)
    Spectral range from 400 nm to 1060 nm (sensitivity in UV range is
    highly desirable)
    Possibility to mount sensing element (i.e. CCD chip) separately from
    electronic boards is highly desirable)

    2. InGaAs camera:
    Highest resolution
    30 frames per second
    Highest sensitivity
    Spectral range from ~ 0.9 mm to 1.7 mm (better to 2.2 mm )

    3. MWIR camera (probably InSb):

    Highest resolution
    30 frames per second (at least)
    Highest sensitivity (minimal noise equivalent power)
    Spectral range from ~ 3 mm to 5 mm
    Minimal volume for cryogenic cooler
    MTBF >10,000 hours (should be some prove), better MTBF >20,000 hours
    ck1224, Sep 26, 2006

  2. ck1224

    Scott W Guest

    ck1224 wrote:
    > I am looking for companies that could supply high-end specialty ccd
    > cameras that could meet thes specifications listed below for a
    > government R&D contract. Does anyone know
    > of any companies that could help out?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chuck K.
    >

    > Cameras specifications:
    > All cameras - minimal size, minimal weight, minimal power consumption,
    > reliability
    > 1. Visible camera:
    > ~ 6 Megapixels resolution at 30 frames per second
    > Chip format - 1/2in.
    > Highest sensitivity ( ~ 0.001 lx with F# 1.4 lens)
    > Spectral range from 400 nm to 1060 nm (sensitivity in UV range is
    > highly desirable)
    > Possibility to mount sensing element (i.e. CCD chip) separately from
    > electronic boards is highly desirable)
    >
    > 2. InGaAs camera:
    > Highest resolution
    > 30 frames per second
    > Highest sensitivity
    > Spectral range from ~ 0.9 mm to 1.7 mm (better to 2.2 mm )
    >
    > 3. MWIR camera (probably InSb):
    >
    > Highest resolution
    > 30 frames per second (at least)
    > Highest sensitivity (minimal noise equivalent power)
    > Spectral range from ~ 3 mm to 5 mm
    > Minimal volume for cryogenic cooler
    > MTBF >10,000 hours (should be some prove), better MTBF >20,000 hours

    I am not sure you know what you are looking for.

    You wavelengths are in the microwave area, I think you wanted microns
    not
    mm.

    Why don't you contact the companies that make these kind of cameras?

    I would hope you have talked to Flir already.

    Scott
    Scott W, Sep 26, 2006

  3. ck1224

    Guest

    RCA, raytheon, TRW or Hughes as a start.

    You've got some specs wrong, so go check what you're looking at.

    You could also look at the usual camera manufacturers, they do special
    orders, but its not going to be cheap.

    Having done contracting, you may want to rethink what you're doing as
    it seems from your email you really have no clue what you're doing. Or
    if you should be in the contracting business. Especially the high end
    part.

    Scott W wrote:
    > ck1224 wrote:
    > > I am looking for companies that could supply high-end specialty ccd
    > > cameras that could meet thes specifications listed below for a
    > > government R&D contract. Does anyone know
    > > of any companies that could help out?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Chuck K.
    > >

    > > Cameras specifications:
    > > All cameras - minimal size, minimal weight, minimal power consumption,
    > > reliability
    > > 1. Visible camera:
    > > ~ 6 Megapixels resolution at 30 frames per second
    > > Chip format - 1/2in.
    > > Highest sensitivity ( ~ 0.001 lx with F# 1.4 lens)
    > > Spectral range from 400 nm to 1060 nm (sensitivity in UV range is
    > > highly desirable)
    > > Possibility to mount sensing element (i.e. CCD chip) separately from
    > > electronic boards is highly desirable)
    > >
    > > 2. InGaAs camera:
    > > Highest resolution
    > > 30 frames per second
    > > Highest sensitivity
    > > Spectral range from ~ 0.9 mm to 1.7 mm (better to 2.2 mm )
    > >
    > > 3. MWIR camera (probably InSb):
    > >
    > > Highest resolution
    > > 30 frames per second (at least)
    > > Highest sensitivity (minimal noise equivalent power)
    > > Spectral range from ~ 3 mm to 5 mm
    > > Minimal volume for cryogenic cooler
    > > MTBF >10,000 hours (should be some prove), better MTBF >20,000 hours

    > I am not sure you know what you are looking for.
    >
    > You wavelengths are in the microwave area, I think you wanted microns
    > not
    > mm.
    >
    > Why don't you contact the companies that make these kind of cameras?
    >
    > I would hope you have talked to Flir already.
    >
    > Scott
    , Sep 26, 2006
  4. When you say "0.9 mm to 1.7 mm (better to 2.2 mm )" does your
    abbreviation mm mean millimeter or micrometer? The normal abbreviation
    for micrometer in the IR camera world is um.

    Toshiba used to make mil cameras. The IR ones will be a bit more
    problematic. The companies that make them come and go. Contact SPIE
    for possible vendors.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Sep 27, 2006