    If you know any reason may lead to CPU high, please let me know. I want to
    try all solutions befor it gets worse.

    Thank you in advance!

    Jimmy, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Find out which process is eating CPU.

    I can give you more info if you can post the result of the following.

    show process cpu | exclude 0.00

    - Joe

    w1llr0ut34f00d, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    Thanks Joe, very useful command I found that CID 33 around 10.5% with IP
    Input

    I also put SolarWin in to monitor all interfaces of the router and noticed
    that 1 interface that has about 6 computers connected use 1.71 Mbs while the
    other interface with over 200 employees use only 0.3 Mbs. Do you think we
    got virus in the vlan connected to high usage bandwidth?

    Thanks

    Jimmy, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Virus is always usual suspect.

    With 10% IP Input, CPU is high due to interrupts. In other words,
    packet are being process-switched. 1.7Mbps of 10Mbps interface is not a
    problem if they are fast-switched or CEF switched. Check packet rate
    also. Small packets make router very unhappy.
    Try "show ip interface <interface>" to see if you are running
    fast-switching or cef-switching. There should not be "no ip
    route-cahce" in interface config.

    If you are already running fast-switching, try enabling CEF switching.
    "ip cef" in glabal command will enable CEF.
    If CPU is still high with CEF, things get hairy. Things like a long ACL
    on interface, policy routing, packets TTL gets to 0 .. they are all
    process switched.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/highcpu_interrupts.html
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/highcpu.html#high_cpu

    should help.