    and if so can i shift it
    please help

    thanks
    seymour butts, Mar 7, 2004

  2. seymour butts

    Jonah Guest

    What Anti virus do you run?

    Jonah
    Jonah, Mar 7, 2004

  3. avg version 6
    and norton 2003

    "Jonah" <js_ss@REMOVE_ME_TO_REPLYhotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:404B65B2.1302BE8D@REMOVE_ME_TO_REPLYhotmail.com...
    > What Anti virus do you run?
    >

    > Jonah

    seymour butts, Mar 7, 2004
  4. seymour butts

    °Mike° Guest

    Hidrag is an alias for the Jeefo file infector.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.jeefo.html
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32jeefoa.html

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:46:14 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c2fn55$494$>
    seymour butts scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 7, 2004
  5. seymour butts

    Jonah Guest

    Courtesy of Kaspersky.ch
    Win32.Hidrag

    Hidrag is not a dangerous memory resident parasitic Win32 virus. The
    virus infects Win32 PE EXE files. While infecting the virus encrypts a
    block of the victim file.
    When the virus runs it creates its copy about 36K of size in Windows
    directory with the "svchost.exe" name and registers this file in system
    registry auto-start key:

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    PowerManager = %WindowsDir%\SVCHOST.EXE

    The virus then stays in Windows memory as active process, searches for
    EXE files on all drives starting from C: and infects them.
    The virus does not manifest itself in any way. The virus contains the
    encrypted text strings:

    Hidden Dragon virus. Born in a tropical swamp.
    PowerManagerMutant

    Jonah
    ---------------------------------------
    Jonah, Mar 7, 2004
  6. ok i see that
    ive seen it on google
    so how do i get rid of it?

    ------

    seymour butts, Mar 7, 2004
  7. seymour butts

    PurpleCrayon

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Solution

    This is really easy and reliable. Google VCLEANER and only download the one on the AVG site. It's not a bad virus or anything, its from AVG >_<
    I found over 700 hidrag viruses on my computer too. It took 5~10 minutes to clean them all up.
    EDIT: holy shit, this is from 2004 >_>
    PurpleCrayon, Jun 28, 2008
  8. seymour butts

    BlaCken

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    HAHAHAHA. yet the problem still got its place on top. its not that dangerous, yet very annoying, yes?:y:
    BlaCken, Jul 13, 2008