    the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
    information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
    them seem to be able to do this.

    steve, Sep 14, 2007

  2. steve

    Gino Guest

    Save for web?

    Gino, Sep 14, 2007

  3. steve wrote:

    > I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info
    > about the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I
    > strip this information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and
    > Irfanview but neithre of them seem to be able to do this.

    In Irfanview have you tried unticking the "keep original exif data" box
    under jpeg save options?

    Adrian Boliston, Sep 14, 2007
  4. steve

    Mark Roberts Guest

    steve wrote:

    >I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
    >the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
    >information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
    >them seem to be able to do this.

    More recent versions of Photoshop have a "Save for Web" option that
    strips out all metadata. I don't know if Photoshop 6 includes this. If
    it doesn't, you *can* use IrfanView: Open the file, choose "Save As"
    and when you choose JPEG as an output format you'll get a extra dialog
    box with JPEG options. Besides the usual quality setting there are a
    few check boxes, one of which is "Keep original EXIF Data"; uncheck
    that box and save.

    You can also use a program like EXIF Editor to just remove or change
    the EXIF data. http://www.kiwiczech.net/index.php?menu=353&sub=4

    --
    Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
    www.robertstech.com

    Mark Roberts, Sep 14, 2007
  5. steve

    Deep Reset Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    >I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
    >the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
    >information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
    >them seem to be able to do this.

    Photoshop's "Save for web" does it for me.

    HTH

    Deep.

    Deep Reset, Sep 14, 2007
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    "Mark Roberts" <> wrote
    .. If
    > it doesn't, you *can* use IrfanView: Open the file, choose "Save As"
    > and when you choose JPEG as an output format you'll get a extra dialog
    > box with JPEG options. Besides the usual quality setting there are a
    > few check boxes, one of which is "Keep original EXIF Data"; uncheck
    > that box and save.
    >
    > You can also use a program like EXIF Editor to just remove or change
    > the EXIF data. http://www.kiwiczech.net/index.php?menu=353&sub=4
    >
    > --
    > Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
    > www.robertstech.com
    > 412-687-2835

    Cheers, this did the job.

    steve, Sep 14, 2007
  7. steve

    Jim Guest

    On 2007-09-14 15:39:07 -0400, "steve" <> said:

    > I want to email some jpegs to a friend but don't want all the info about
    > the camera, its settings, the date etc sent with it! How do I strip this
    > information off the image? I have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview but neithre of
    > them seem to be able to do this.

    You could simply edit the data. replace with blanks and save it.
    --
    Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    Jim, Sep 20, 2007