    TSmoker Guest

    when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
    (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??
    TSmoker, Jan 3, 2005

  2. TSmoker wrote:

    > when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
    > (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

    Unplug it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 3, 2005

  3. TSmoker

    TSmoker Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:11:07 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >TSmoker wrote:
    >
    >> when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
    >> (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

    >Unplug it.

    dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
    other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
    security fetures of the NTFS system
    TSmoker, Jan 3, 2005
  4. TSmoker

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

    | dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
    | other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
    | security fetures of the NTFS system

    Install TweakUI (Windows only), and you can use that to hide a drive
    from the GUI. But, you can still access them from a command prompt.
    mhicaoidh, Jan 3, 2005
  5. TSmoker

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

    | dont want to unplug it as it does get used but want to hide it from
    | other users im still need FAT32 Partition so cant use the extra
    | security fetures of the NTFS system

    Out of curiosity, why do you have to have a FAT32 partition?
    mhicaoidh, Jan 3, 2005
  6. TSmoker

    TSmoker Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:52:51 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

    > Out of curiosity, why do you have to have a FAT32 partition?

    PC recently upgraded from from win98se, still want to maintain a
    ms-dos prtition for thetime being
    TSmoker, Jan 3, 2005
  7. TSmoker

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "TSmoker" <> wrote in message
    | when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
    | (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??

    How about this: disk management. Enable/Disable. Step by step...

    winkey-r (run window) type compmgmt.msc and press enter. On the left side,
    click on "Disk Managment". Then in the right window, right click the drive
    you want to 'hide', and select "Properties". At the bottom of the "General"
    tab, you have the option "Device usage" - enable or disable the drive.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 4, 2005
  8. TSmoker

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    | "TSmoker" <> wrote in message
    || when disableling the 2nd HDD in my BIOS, it still appears in windows
    || (W2k/SP4) and is still avalable to other users any help??
    |
    | How about this: disk management. Enable/Disable. Step by step...
    |
    | winkey-r (run window) type compmgmt.msc and press enter. On the left side,
    | click on "Disk Managment". Then in the right window, right click the drive
    | you want to 'hide', and select "Properties". At the bottom of the
    "General"
    | tab, you have the option "Device usage" - enable or disable the drive.

    (Forgot to say - I don't have a W2K machine here, just XP, but I believe
    it's the same in W2K)
    Toolman Tim, Jan 4, 2005