    reregister under another name and info. can they still detect who I am by
    getting my IP address and booting me again? If so how can I hide it?

    Hugh
    Hugh Sutherland, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Hugh Sutherland said:

    > Is it possible to hide your IP address so that whatever site you goto they
    > cannot read who you are or your IP address? I tried Nortons Security Check
    > and right off the bat it gave me my IP address and othe info. Can I use XP
    > Pro's Internet Firewall built in program it hide it or should I use
    > something else like Norton's Firewall or Zone Alarm, etc. etc.
    >
    > FOr example say you get booted out of ebay for some reason and you
    > reregister under another name and info. can they still detect who I am by
    > getting my IP address and booting me again? If so how can I hide it?
    >

    > Hugh

    No you cannot hide your IP.
    Brian H¹©, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:38:20 -0400, "Hugh Sutherland"
    <> scribbled:

    >WHY?

    Learn how the internet works.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!
    -= Hawk =-, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Hugh Sutherland

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hugh Sutherland continued:

    >> No you cannot hide your IP.

    > WHY?

    Might as well ask "Why can't I start my car with my modem ?"
    What a fuckin stupid question. You obviously fucked yourself on Ebay, and
    they saw what a prick you were.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Hugh Sutherland

    Michael Guest

    In <news:IYpUa.35$>,
    Hugh Sutherland said:

    > Is it possible to hide your IP address so that whatever site you goto
    > they cannot read who you are or your IP address? I tried Nortons
    > Security Check and right off the bat it gave me my IP address and
    > othe info. Can I use XP Pro's Internet Firewall built in program it
    > hide it or should I use something else like Norton's Firewall or Zone
    > Alarm, etc. etc.
    >
    > FOr example say you get booted out of ebay for some reason and you
    > reregister under another name and info. can they still detect who I
    > am by getting my IP address and booting me again? If so how can I
    > hide it?

    Yes, eBay can find you by your IP... and no, you can't hide it.

    Go ahead and ask FedEx to send a package somewhere and refuse to give them
    any addressing info.

    At least internet-connected machinery won't laugh at you.

    If you like, you can get a proxy server (another machine somewhere, owned by
    people whom you pay for the service) to do your fetching and sending for
    you... but you can't hide your IP from *it*... and eBay can probably find
    you out if they're willing to dig.

    Why not just be honest instead? It's cheaper and takes less effort.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Hugh Sutherland Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <%iqUa.36$>:

    >Why?

    Simple. Let's take your IP addy.
    > 24.150.11.5x (Removed the last digit myself)

    Let's say that you connect to Ebay.com for instance.The information
    has to make a return path back to you at that IP addy, so it sends
    the packet (Information) to the next hop, who then sends it to the
    next hop, etc., etc.

    If you have no IP address, it can't send the packet to you, because
    each hop (Router, computer) doesn't know where to send it, so it
    drops the packet and moves on to other traffic (packets).

    If you use a proxy server, like someone else mentioned, the packet
    goes there then to your computer, hop by hop.

    In the case of some websites, they use certain java? cgi? appletts,
    I'm told, to trick your computer into giving them your real IP
    anyway, so proxying won't work.

    Face it. For whatever reason Ebay nuked your account. You need to
    either appeal their decision, or move on with life. Your choice there.

    NOI

    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!
    Thund3rstruck, Jul 26, 2003
  7. -= Hawk =- Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <49e4ivs0vju1rlauf1c9mj0p0p91fe64g3@news-server>:

    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:38:20 -0400, "Hugh Sutherland"
    > <> scribbled:
    >
    >>WHY?

    > Learn how the internet works.

    Damn. Guess I should have read ahead. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 26, 2003
  8. Hugh Sutherland

    Fred Evans Guest

    I sell Software that will Hide Any IP address, and E-Mail, but I would NOT
    sell it to you for all the Tea in China---Butthead

    Fred Evans, Jul 26, 2003
  9. "Fred Evans" <> wrote in message
    > I sell Software that will Hide Any IP address, and E-Mail, but I would NOT
    > sell it to you for all the Tea in China---Butthead

    209.86.113.xxx

    Maybe you should consider using it ;-)
    Use.Netuser.01, Jul 26, 2003
  10. Hugh Sutherland

    Michael Guest

    In <news:88CUa.121108$>,
    Fred Evans said:

    > I sell Software that will Hide Any IP address, and E-Mail, but I
    > would NOT sell it to you for all the Tea in China---Butthead

    Why refuse?

    No worries, dude: I don't buy software from clueless morons.

    ((U))
    "I don't want a bridge for my swampland either."
    Michael, Jul 26, 2003
  11. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Hugh Sutherland said:
    >
    >> Is it possible to hide your IP address so that whatever site you goto they
    >> cannot read who you are or your IP address? I tried Nortons Security Check
    >> and right off the bat it gave me my IP address and othe info. Can I use XP
    >> Pro's Internet Firewall built in program it hide it or should I use
    >> something else like Norton's Firewall or Zone Alarm, etc. etc.
    >>
    >> FOr example say you get booted out of ebay for some reason and you
    >> reregister under another name and info. can they still detect who I am by
    >> getting my IP address and booting me again? If so how can I hide it?
    >>

    >> Hugh

    >No you cannot hide your IP.

    Google for any of the following: IP spoofing, anonymous surfing,
    remailer, proxy, etc., etc., etc. At least _attempt_ some research
    before posting such ill-informed spoor, Brain, ya ignorant cl00bie.
    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  12. Hugh Sutherland

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Fred Evans continued:

    > I sell Software that will Hide Any IP address, and E-Mail, but I
    > would NOT sell it to you for all the Tea in China---Butthead

    Your sig got tagged onto the end of your last sentence.
    And I haven't got any Chinese tea.
    And what's more, I don't want any IP-skullduggery software either.
    And to top it all off, I really think your answer was intended for the
    person with the Ebay problem, not me.
    So there you go.
    --
    slumpy