Hidden mouse gesture feature? Annoys the H out of me..

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Soren Kuula, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Soren Kuula

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 installed on my out-of-the box RH Linux
    Core 4 ES. The machine is a cheap laptop, and this brings about an
    annoying problem: Often, when I move the mouse cursor left, I get a
    page-back: The mouse pad (rubbish) must think I mean to drag left.

    Just as if I had the mouse gesture extension installed -- but I never
    did install that ! And the extensions window is absolutely empty when I
    didplay it. Maybe somebody at Red Hat played with compiling in the
    extension or what know I, and then just left it there.

    Question is, what can I do? Sometimes, I'm having really annoying
    struggles with it, and it's basically too much trouble to use.

    Googling on it only made me aware that there IS a mouse gesture extension.

    Soren
    Soren Kuula, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Soren Kuula wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 installed on my out-of-the box RH Linux
    > Core 4 ES. The machine is a cheap laptop, and this brings about an
    > annoying problem: Often, when I move the mouse cursor left, I get a
    > page-back: The mouse pad (rubbish) must think I mean to drag left.
    >
    > Just as if I had the mouse gesture extension installed -- but I never
    > did install that ! And the extensions window is absolutely empty when I
    > didplay it. Maybe somebody at Red Hat played with compiling in the
    > extension or what know I, and then just left it there.
    >
    > Question is, what can I do? Sometimes, I'm having really annoying
    > struggles with it, and it's basically too much trouble to use.
    >
    > Googling on it only made me aware that there IS a mouse gesture extension.
    >
    > Soren

    Why not upgrade to Firefox 1.5?
    Moz Champion (Dan), Dec 14, 2005