    Can anyone suggest an explanation and/or remedy.

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    Jason M Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:06:16 +1300, "Brian Tozer" <>
    wrote:

    >In a worksheet that I am investigating there are 3 adjacent columns not
    >visible.
    >One of these columns has cells that are referenced in formula in other
    >columns.
    >I have been unable to make the missing columns visible, in spite of
    >attempting the methods described in the Help.
    >Can anyone suggest an explanation and/or remedy.

    If you put the cursor up in the header between two of the columns the
    cursor will usually show as a single vertical bar with two horizontal
    arrows, so the column can be made wider. If instead you move the
    cursor very slightly to the right, two vertical bars (and two arrows)
    should be visible, and if you left click and drag the cursor to the
    right, the hidden columns should become visible.
    At some point in the past someone will have dragged the column width
    to zero.

    Jason M, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Brian Tozer

    Nelly Guest

    wrote:

    >Newbie here.
    >Many thanks for great help with my previous query.
    >Now for a new one.
    >
    >In a worksheet that I am investigating there are 3 adjacent columns not
    >visible.
    >One of these columns has cells that are referenced in formula in other
    >columns.
    >I have been unable to make the missing columns visible, in spite of
    >attempting the methods described in the Help.
    >Can anyone suggest an explanation and/or remedy.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Brian Tozer

    Lets say that the columns hidden are e & f, highlight columns d & g
    then right click and click on unhide.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Nelly, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Brian Tozer

    Peter Guest

    wrote:

    >Newbie here.
    >Many thanks for great help with my previous query.
    >Now for a new one.
    >
    >In a worksheet that I am investigating there are 3 adjacent columns not
    >visible.
    >One of these columns has cells that are referenced in formula in other
    >columns.
    >I have been unable to make the missing columns visible, in spite of
    >attempting the methods described in the Help.
    >Can anyone suggest an explanation and/or remedy.

    This is most probably normal behaviour.

    There are two mechanisms:
    1. Click format - row or column - hide or unhide. This will hide or
    unhide the selected rows or columns. To unhide select (click on the
    row or column numbers) the two adjacent rows or columns that has the
    missing ones between.
    2. Click data - group and outline. This is more sophisticated.

    file - print area provides a means of selecting area to print.

    Peter, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Brian Tozer

    Peter KERR Guest

    In article <bqlj8e$s7l$>,
    "Brian Tozer" <> wrote:

    > In a worksheet that I am investigating there are 3 adjacent columns not
    > visible.
    > One of these columns has cells that are referenced in formula in other
    > columns.
    > I have been unable to make the missing columns visible, in spite of
    > attempting the methods described in the Help.
    > Can anyone suggest an explanation and/or remedy.

    A "feature" of Excel is that elements in a worksheet can be locked &
    password protected. I've had a similar case where it took a power of
    convincing the author I didn't need his password, I didn't want to edit
    his values, but I needed to be able to read the hidden rows...

    Peter KERR, Dec 4, 2003