    I'm dreaming of a "NON-RACIST" christmas, "well what can you put in there".
    England, A land of thugs, hoodies, chav's, scumbag kids, drunks & druggies.
    How can I miss you if you won't go away
    Zack, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Zack

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:02:35 GMT, Zack
    <> wrote:

    >can someone point me in the right direction
    >for the tool that will let me delete a file
    >on my hd that will delete or even change the
    >attributes on.

    Gee, that would depend on your operating system now wouldn't it?

    What operating system, and what happens when you try to delete or
    change the attributes? What's the file name?

    Perhaps there's something else going on - maybe you aren't logged in
    as an account with sufficient priveleges to change that file.

    Perhaps the file is in use by the operating system.

    Provide some more details.
    Evan Platt, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Zack

    Zack Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:02:35 GMT, Zack
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>can someone point me in the right direction
    >>for the tool that will let me delete a file
    >>on my hd that will delete or even change the
    >>attributes on.

    > Gee, that would depend on your operating system now wouldn't it?
    >
    > What operating system, and what happens when you try to delete or
    > change the attributes? What's the file name?
    >
    > Perhaps there's something else going on - maybe you aren't logged in
    > as an account with sufficient priveleges to change that file.
    >
    > Perhaps the file is in use by the operating system.
    >
    > Provide some more details.

    windows xp pro, the file was downloaded in a zip package,
    virus checked the files after unpacking all ok, tried to get
    rid of the file called CALSZQN5. it has attributes of A - S - H
    and i cannot change them or delete the file, also now it says
    the file no longer exists, but it is still there.
    logged in as admin.

    zack.

    Recycle food today, eat a beef lamb or chicken burger for dinner & tea.
    Zack, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Zack

    sittingduck Guest

    http://www.somacon.com/p132.php
    sittingduck, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Zack

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:47:06 GMT, Zack wrote:

    >Evan Platt <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:02:35 GMT, Zack
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>can someone point me in the right direction
    >>>for the tool that will let me delete a file
    >>>on my hd that will delete or even change the
    >>>attributes on.

    >> Gee, that would depend on your operating system now wouldn't it?
    >>
    >> What operating system, and what happens when you try to delete or
    >> change the attributes? What's the file name?
    >>
    >> Perhaps there's something else going on - maybe you aren't logged in
    >> as an account with sufficient priveleges to change that file.
    >>
    >> Perhaps the file is in use by the operating system.
    >>
    >> Provide some more details.
    >>

    >windows xp pro, the file was downloaded in a zip package,
    >virus checked the files after unpacking all ok, tried to get
    >rid of the file called CALSZQN5. it has attributes of A - S - H

    Reboot PC so an app isn't holding the file open.

    >and i cannot change them or delete the file, also now it says
    >the file no longer exists, but it is still there.
    >logged in as admin.

    An admin level account or the administrator?

    How are you viewing the ASH attributes? Usually seeing those is most of
    the way there.

    If you navigate to the folder in a command prompt and

    attrib -s -h filename

    Then delete it.

    You may also have to take ownership of the file first. Do that from
    Windows Explorer / select file / Properties / Security

    www.funduc.com Directory Toolkit

    Try www.google.com searching for
    windows xp delete hidden system file

    You could alsy try 1 of the remove file at boot, usually used for trojan
    and such. Killbox.exe is 1 IIRC, and recent posts in 24HSHD may have
    mentioned another.

    Me
    why?, Sep 11, 2006
  6. Zack

    Kenny Guest

    Maybe this will help.
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Sep 11, 2006
  7. Zack

    fkasner Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:47:06 GMT, Zack wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt <> wrote in

    >>> Gee, that would depend on your operating system now wouldn't it?
    >>>
    >>> What operating system, and what happens when you try to delete or
    >>> change the attributes? What's the file name?
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps there's something else going on - maybe you aren't logged in
    >>> as an account with sufficient priveleges to change that file.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps the file is in use by the operating system.
    >>>
    >>> Provide some more details.
    >>>

    >> windows xp pro, the file was downloaded in a zip package,
    >> virus checked the files after unpacking all ok, tried to get
    >> rid of the file called CALSZQN5. it has attributes of A - S - H

    > Reboot PC so an app isn't holding the file open.
    >
    >> and i cannot change them or delete the file, also now it says
    >> the file no longer exists, but it is still there.
    >> logged in as admin.

    > An admin level account or the administrator?
    >
    > How are you viewing the ASH attributes? Usually seeing those is most of
    > the way there.
    >
    > If you navigate to the folder in a command prompt and
    >
    > attrib -s -h filename
    >
    > Then delete it.
    >
    > You may also have to take ownership of the file first. Do that from
    > Windows Explorer / select file / Properties / Security
    >
    > www.funduc.com Directory Toolkit
    >
    > Try www.google.com searching for
    > windows xp delete hidden system file
    >
    > You could alsy try 1 of the remove file at boot, usually used for trojan
    > and such. Killbox.exe is 1 IIRC, and recent posts in 24HSHD may have
    > mentioned another.
    >

    > Me

    I had such a difficult file once. It was a very large video file that
    had been created from a tape video and Dazzle 90. None of the delete
    type files would do anything to it. Attributes would not be changed at
    all. Finally found what did the trick. The directory (folder) in which
    it was stored was read only. When I changed this attribute I was able to
    change the attributes of the file and delete it and the folder in which
    it was stored.
    FK
    fkasner, Sep 11, 2006