    CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT IN THIS REGARD ...I M A BEGINNER TO PROGRAMMING AND I
    PREFER USING TURBO C/C++....I DO NOT TO TRACK THE WOW64 FOLDER ALSO..THNX N
    ADVANCE

    =?Utf-8?B?SU5DT01QQVRJQkwuLiAzMiBCSVQgUFJPR1JBTVMg, Sep 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SU5DT01QQVRJQkwuLiAzMiBCSVQgUFJPR1JBTVMg

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    You cannot run 16-bit programs in Windows XP x64.
    Isn't Turbo C++ for DOS...? You won't be able to use it, it's not 32-bit.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 26, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SU5DT01QQVRJQkwuLiAzMiBCSVQgUFJPR1JBTVMg

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Did my homework.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_C
    (copy/paste if it didn't include the +'s as part of the link)

    With the exception of the new 2006 version, all versions of Turbo C++ were
    either for DOS or Windows 3.x, both of which are 16-bit platforms, and those
    versions would be unusable in Windows XP x64.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 26, 2006
  4. You are correct, all the versions of Turbo C/C++ were DOS or Win3x apps. As
    such they will not run on XP x64 Edition. And the error message the OP
    listed is a sure sign that it is either DOS or 16bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Aaron Kelley wrote:
    > Did my homework.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_C
    > (copy/paste if it didn't include the +'s as part of the link)
    >
    > With the exception of the new 2006 version, all versions of Turbo C++ were
    > either for DOS or Windows 3.x, both of which are 16-bit platforms, and
    > those versions would be unusable in Windows XP x64.
    >
    > - Aaron
    >
    > "Aaron Kelley" <> wrote in message
    >> You cannot run 16-bit programs in Windows XP x64.
    >> Isn't Turbo C++ for DOS...? You won't be able to use it, it's not
    >> 32-bit. - Aaron
    >>
    >> "INCOMPATIBL.. 32 BIT PROGRAMS IN X64OS?" <INCOMPATIBL.. 32 BIT PROGRAMS
    >> IN X64OS?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I M UNABLE TO RUN 32-BIT PROGRAMS ON MY COMP.....
    >>> I HAV WIN X64 PROFFESIONAL AS MY OS ....
    >>>
    >>> WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL THEM IT SHOWS ME AN ERROR
    >>>
    >>> ""THIS IS A VALID PROGRAM BUT IS FOR A MACHINE OTHER THAN THE CURRENT
    >>> TYPE.."
    >>>
    >>> CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT IN THIS REGARD ...I M A BEGINNER TO PROGRAMMING
    >>> AND I
    >>> PREFER USING TURBO C/C++....I DO NOT TO TRACK THE WOW64 FOLDER
    >>> ALSO..THNX N
    >>> ADVANCE

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Apparently you are also unable to turn off your caps lock. It is considered
    poor ettiquitte to "shout" in caps.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 26, 2006