hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linux encrypted file system project...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by softsubbu.opensource@gmail.com, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,
    thanks for sparing some time with my mail.

    i want to add some cryptographic features to file system

    i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
    what they will do..]

    i thought that..
    when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..

    in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
    work is over...

    is it correct???

    iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
    i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system

    is it that vfs_write() function

    how to register new file system....
    some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
    to do that??

    , Mar 21, 2007

  2. Au79 Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    > thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
    >
    > i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
    >
    > i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
    > what they will do..]
    >
    > i thought that..
    > when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
    >
    > in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
    > work is over...
    >

    > is it correct???
    >

    > iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
    > i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
    >
    > is it that vfs_write() function
    >
    > how to register new file system....
    > some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
    > to do that??

    Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
    issues.

    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    Au79, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Re: hi...iam a student from nit warangal india plz help me in linuxencrypted file system project...

    Au79 wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
    >>
    >>i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
    >>
    >>i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
    >>what they will do..]
    >>
    >>i thought that..
    >>when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
    >>
    >>in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
    >>work is over...
    >>

    >>is it correct???
    >>

    >>iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
    >>i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
    >>
    >>is it that vfs_write() function
    >>
    >>how to register new file system....
    >>some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
    >>to do that??

    > Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
    > issues.

    Some guy asks for help with Linux and the biggest Linux-troll in Usenet
    tries to chase him off. Why didn't you tell him to switch to Vista?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Au79 Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Au79 wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>thanks for sparing some time with my mail.
    >>>
    >>>i want to add some cryptographic features to file system
    >>>
    >>>i studied fs source code in linux.[ i mean what are functions in it.
    >>>what they will do..]
    >>>
    >>>i thought that..
    >>>when vfs_write() calls the actual file system call ..
    >>>
    >>>in that vfs_write() if i add a call to my encrypted function...
    >>>work is over...
    >>>

    >>>is it correct???
    >>>

    >>>iam working in redhat linux version 2.4
    >>>i find generic_file_write() function called by all every file system
    >>>
    >>>is it that vfs_write() function
    >>>
    >>>how to register new file system....
    >>>some documents on google telling that call "register_filesystem" how
    >>>to do that??

    >> Wrong Newsgroup. Find a newsgroup specific to Linux and Linux programming
    >> issues.

    > Some guy asks for help with Linux and the biggest Linux-troll in Usenet
    > tries to chase him off. Why didn't you tell him to switch to Vista?

    I directed him to the proper Linux help ng. I doubt that you would have had
    the right answer to his problem.

    Au79, Mar 22, 2007