Hi Definition television: 'The never-ending story'

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XP, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. XP

    XP Guest

    XP, Aug 14, 2006

  2. XP

    Guest

    XP wrote:
    > Why to leave it well alown for some years..
    >

    > http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13805

    Given that NZ isn't getting broadcast HDTV anytime soon and our
    internet is so crappy you couldn't (or woudln't want to) get any sort
    of streaming or P2P HDTV content it seems mostly irrelevant anyway. As
    for BluRay and HD-DVD, well I guess if your Brian Tamaki maybe you have
    the cash but for the rest of us, it's just a waste of money...
    , Aug 18, 2006

  3. XP

    Mutlley Guest

    wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >> Why to leave it well alown for some years..
    >>

    >> http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13805

    >Given that NZ isn't getting broadcast HDTV anytime soon and our
    >internet is so crappy you couldn't (or woudln't want to) get any sort
    >of streaming or P2P HDTV content it seems mostly irrelevant anyway. As
    >for BluRay and HD-DVD, well I guess if your Brian Tamaki maybe you have
    >the cash but for the rest of us, it's just a waste of money...

    Anyone seen regular analog TV on the new 46' Sony Bravia S TV yet??
    Saw one at Dick Smiths yesterday with a regular DVD on it and it did
    look nice..
    Mutlley, Aug 20, 2006
  4. XP

    Malcolm Guest

    Mutlley wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>> Why to leave it well alown for some years..
    >>>

    >>> http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13805

    >>Given that NZ isn't getting broadcast HDTV anytime soon and our
    >>internet is so crappy you couldn't (or woudln't want to) get any
    >>sort of streaming or P2P HDTV content it seems mostly irrelevant
    >>anyway. As for BluRay and HD-DVD, well I guess if your Brian Tamaki
    >>maybe you have the cash but for the rest of us, it's just a waste of
    >>money...

    > Anyone seen regular analog TV on the new 46' Sony Bravia S TV yet??
    > Saw one at Dick Smiths yesterday with a regular DVD on it and it
    > did look nice..

    Hi
    FWIW I brought a 32" Bravia about 3 weeks ago, get a few good analog
    stations fine on just rabbit ears, looks ok, would guess if got a true
    aerial it would be better. We also get 3 HDTV channels which are
    awesome :)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿°
    SUSE 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.13-15.10-smp
    Malcolm, Aug 21, 2006
  5. XP

    Mutlley Guest

    Malcolm <> wrote:

    >Mutlley wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>>Given that NZ isn't getting broadcast HDTV anytime soon and our
    >>>internet is so crappy you couldn't (or woudln't want to) get any
    >>>sort of streaming or P2P HDTV content it seems mostly irrelevant
    >>>anyway. As for BluRay and HD-DVD, well I guess if your Brian Tamaki
    >>>maybe you have the cash but for the rest of us, it's just a waste of
    >>>money...

    >> Anyone seen regular analog TV on the new 46' Sony Bravia S TV yet??
    >> Saw one at Dick Smiths yesterday with a regular DVD on it and it
    >> did look nice..

    >Hi
    >FWIW I brought a 32" Bravia about 3 weeks ago, get a few good analog
    >stations fine on just rabbit ears, looks ok, would guess if got a true
    >aerial it would be better. We also get 3 HDTV channels which are
    >awesome :)

    I never really consider a 32" set a HD set because it's too small 40"
    and bigger would be a better analog to HD comparison..
    Mutlley, Aug 21, 2006
  6. XP

    Chris Lim Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    >We also get 3 HDTV channels which are awesome :)

    How do you get these?
    Chris Lim, Aug 21, 2006
  7. XP

    Malcolm Guest

    Chris Lim wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >>We also get 3 HDTV channels which are awesome :)

    > How do you get these?

    I'm currently living in the States... :)

    Malcolm, Aug 21, 2006