    3. Do we need to join any course kinda thing...

    Thanks and Regards,
    Rajesh

    friend, Jan 9, 2006

  2. January 9, 2005

    #1, C++/C is NOT covered under the MCAD exams, and therefore you will get
    nowhere by studying it!

    Prep mostly is obtained through books such as the Microsoft Press Training
    Kits (there is a dedicated one for each exam), or other subject-related
    MSPress books. There is a 4 pack of TKs (Training Kits) for a good price for
    the MCAD/MCSD exams... much cheaper than buying them individually.

    Take a look at the exam objectives for each exam at:

    microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-NNN.asp

    Just replace NNN with the last three digits of the exam number... like:

    microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp

    There are courses available, but they are EXPENSIVE! LOL Like $1200+ per
    course and you might need 3 per exam.... Books are the most common way to
    study. - There are a few free e-learning courses at microsoftelearning.com.
    Also, there are free practice exams at microsoft.com/learning/assessment/.

    Hope this helps!! :) Let us know if you have more questions...

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 9, 2006

  3. friend

    friend Guest

    Thanks for the help!!! Basically i have only very less knowledge when
    comes to .net... so will elearning and taking books will be suffice...
    and i am not sure how to start preparing for the exam. I heard this
    certification needs some upgrade exam that has to be taken... so should
    i wait for that to happen or shall i start now itself...

    Thanks,
    Rajesh

    friend, Jan 10, 2006
  4. friend

    Sean Guest

    Here is my view.

    If you are currently working and dont have 8 hours a day to study it might
    be best to start perparing for .Net 2.0. However, if you are currently
    unemployed, have some time and want a certification to better your resume
    perhaps current tests are the call.

    Last years survey showed that 90% of all MS certified proffesionals learned
    by reading material (all of which can be purchased at a bookstore or online).

    I got MCAD certified by reading and I am currently in various interviews.
    One of which I completely nailed on the technical questionare. I hope to get
    that one.

    Sean, Jan 17, 2006
  5. friend

    friend Guest

    Hi,

    Yeah i am employed and i find very less time to do certification... So
    how about .Net 2.0? how about the certification... is it again like
    MCAD?
    All the best for ur interviews!!!

    Thanks
    Rajesh

    friend, Jan 17, 2006
  6. friend

    Sean Guest

    Yeah go for 2.0. Check out the main website here for certifications and you
    should be able to find what you need to know.
    In fact, when you look at test details many of them are more detailed then
    the older exams so you can know item for item which subjects you need to
    study.

    Sean, Jan 17, 2006
  7. friend

    friend Guest

    Thanks.
    Could you please send me the link of the official site for .Net 2.0...

    friend, Jan 18, 2006