HFC = Mercury!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > Great, now theres MERCURY in anything thats got that high fructose corn syrup
    > crap in it!

    If you read the article, you will see that the report is irrelevant.

    The manufacturers and sales outlets for foods are going to depend on the
    FDA for guidance about food safety.

    The bad form of mercury is methylmercury which is what the FDA monitors
    closely, generally found in fish. This was a study of 'detectable
    amounts of total mercury' which includes elemental mercury.

    *Detectable* amounts of total mercury including elemental is a dumbass
    study of no relevance except to try to attract attention/publicity.

    You can find /detectable/ amounts of all kinds of things that sound bad
    with modern detection tools/assays.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:17:08 -0700

    Clock police courtesy report:

    That sez 21:17 UTC.

    Current UTC time is 20:32.

    Your clock is in the future, either because of the wrong tz offset or
    local time setting.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Mar 14, 2010
  4. Mike Easter

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Mike Easter Post:
    > snuhwolf wrote:
    > Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:17:08 -0700
    >
    > Clock police courtesy report:
    >
    > That sez 21:17 UTC.
    >
    > Current UTC time is 20:32.
    >
    > Your clock is in the future, either because of the wrong tz offset or
    > local time setting.

    Just a hunch, but I think this guy gets his bubble gum money from one
    of those earn as you surf web sites.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Mar 14, 2010
  5. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:

    > and yet another bad link.

    I think that is caused by the same thing that is causing the no
    automatic daylight time condition, the BeOS whose development stopped
    before the more recent legislation about daylight time, and the MICE
    newsagent for it.

    Absent auto time adjustment, one needs to manually compensate by
    resetting their clock. Absent newsreader handling of longer URLs
    correctly, one needs to replace (each of) them with shorter ones.

    Since snuhwolf posts a lot of URLs, he should put a shortener tool into
    his browser.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2010
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 14, 2010
  7. §ñühw¤£f, Mar 14, 2010
  8. Mike Easter

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> The §ñühw¤£f Post:
    >>> http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20090127/mercury-in-high-fructose-corn-sy
    >>> rup<<<<----------
    >>>

    >> Who the hell gives a Phuque, and yet another bad link.

    > I bet you forgot the "rup" !!

    No, I C&P his links when I look at them <g>

    OldGringo38, Mar 14, 2010
  9. OldGringo38 wrote:

    > The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> The §ñühw¤£f Post:
    >>>>
    >>> Who the hell gives a Phuque, and yet another bad link.

    >> I bet you forgot the "rup" !!
    >>

    > No, I C&P his links when I look at them <g>

    Did you C&P the "rup" that was on the next line?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 14, 2010
  10. Mike Easter

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> The Beauregard T. Shagnasty Post:

    >>> I bet you forgot the "rup" !!
    >>>

    >> No, I C&P his links when I look at them<g>

    > Did you C&P the "rup" that was on the next line?

    yes ???

    OldGringo38, Mar 15, 2010