  1. Bret

    Bret Guest

    Re: Hey Lennier ! Time for a new newsreader huh ?

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:02:55 +1300, "dOTdASH"
    <> wrote:

    >all together now.......
    >
    >DOH !

    LOL

    Bret, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Bret

    dOTdASH Guest

    plonker !

    :)

    dOTdASH, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Bret

    dOTdASH Guest

    dOTdASH, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    dOTdASH wrote:

    > plonker !

    OMG... OE? how could he?

    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003
  5. dOTdASH wrote:
    > plonker !
    >
    > :)

    What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader repost
    EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping out there
    for a sec.. :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Bret

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bpmavm$9mb$>, says...
    > dOTdASH wrote:
    > > plonker !
    > >
    > > :)

    > What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader repost
    > EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping out there
    > for a sec.. :).

    Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    Mainlander, Nov 23, 2003
  7. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    >>What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader repost
    >>EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping out there
    >>for a sec.. :).

    > Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    yeah noticed that, anyone heard from him?

    T.N.O., Nov 23, 2003
  8. Bret

    techie Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:49:48 -0600, Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <bpmavm$9mb$>,
    > says...
    >> dOTdASH wrote:
    >> > plonker !
    >> >
    >> > :)

    >> What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader
    >> repost EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping
    >> out there for a sec.. :).

    > Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    Probably suffering from "terminal" embarassment.

    techie, Nov 23, 2003
  9. Bret

    Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:36:55 -0600, techie <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:49:48 -0600, Mainlander wrote:
    >
    >> In article <bpmavm$9mb$>,
    >> says...

    >>> What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader
    >>> repost EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping
    >>> out there for a sec.. :).

    >> Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    >Probably suffering from "terminal" embarassment.

    He's been posting on nz.general &

    , Nov 23, 2003
  10. Bret

    AD. Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:36:55 -0600, techie wrote:

    >> Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    > Probably suffering from "terminal" embarassment.

    I thought he was immune to embarrassment? :)

    Someone noticed that it happened to someone else as well - could it be the
    fault of a news server somewhere? Maybe someone restored the wrong set of
    backup tapes or something?

    Just guessing...

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Nov 23, 2003
  11. Bret

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:58:45 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Mainlander wrote:
    >>>What the hell?! There's like 1000 Lennier posts.. did his newsreader repost
    >>>EVERYTHING he ever posted? :) I thought I was seriously tripping out there
    >>>for a sec.. :).

    >> Funny he hasn't otherwise posted anything for a few days

    > yeah noticed that, anyone heard from him?

    Recently upgraded sound card - M-audio Revolution 7.1 - requiring
    downloading and compiling all the ALSA programmes/drivers/libs.

    ALSA still needs much refinement, IMHO.

    Recently downloaded and installed Fedora Core 1.

    Even more recently reformatted and reinstalled RedHat 9.

    Yet even more recently used the RPMs from Fedora to upgrade those redhat
    packages that I wanted updated.

    I would suggest that people only use Fedora Core 1 as a source of
    individual RPM packages for updating RedHat 9 - it is not as good as
    RedHat 9.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Nov 24, 2003
  12. Bret

    harry Guest

    Lennier wrote:

    > Recently upgraded sound card - M-audio Revolution 7.1 - requiring
    > downloading and compiling all the ALSA programmes/drivers/libs.
    >
    > ALSA still needs much refinement, IMHO.

    Thats why its a live project.
    It installs as precompiled binaries for kernel 2.4.22 in Debian though.
    Its built in to kernel 2.6

    harry, Nov 24, 2003