Hey, I'm new. What is this news group used for?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike J, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. Mike J

    Mike J Guest

    Mike J, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Mike J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mike J said:

    Try reading some of the thousands and thousands of posts, and you will be able
    to answer your own question.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Mike J

    Boomer Guest

    Mike J wrote:

    Message goes in the body of a message. Like a letter.

    Example:

    Hey, I'm new. What is this news group used for?

    BTW, welcome to usenet.
    Lurk and learn.

    Boomer, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Mike J

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Mike J

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:59:19 -0700, Mike J wrote:

    Everything, Including how not to put your entire question in the subject line of
    a post. Here are some links to help you:

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group4/alok/English/map.htm
    http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
    http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    The sysadmin has graciously deigned not to cast you headlong
    into a pit of rabid wombats. Please bear this in mind when

    Mara, Oct 12, 2003
  6. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:3f88858b$0$169$,
    Boomer <> typed
    || Mike J wrote:
    || Message goes in the body of a message. Like a letter.
    || Example:
    || Hey, I'm new. What is this news group used for?

    So we can all read the same message twice? what a good idea

    Robert de Brus, Oct 12, 2003
  7. Mike J

    Bryan Guest

    "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message

    > In news:3f88858b$0$169$,
    > Boomer <> typed
    >>> Mike J wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Message goes in the body of a message. Like a letter.
    >>>
    >>> Example:
    >>>
    >>> Hey, I'm new. What is this news group used for?

    > So we can all read the same message twice? what a good idea

    That's it, geek!
    Welcome to the Kilfile Klub!

    Bryan, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Mike J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bryan said:

    > "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In news:3f88858b$0$169$,
    >> Boomer <> typed

    >> So we can all read the same message twice? what a good idea

    > That's it, geek!
    > Welcome to the Kilfile Klub!

    I might go shark fishing next year.
    I wonder if Bob The Gob want's to come along.

    As bait.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Mike J

    Bryan Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan said:
    >
    >> "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In news:3f88858b$0$169$,
    >>> Boomer <> typed

    >>> So we can all read the same message twice? what a good idea

    >> That's it, geek!
    >> Welcome to the Kilfile Klub!

    > I might go shark fishing next year.
    > I wonder if Bob The Gob want's to come along.
    >
    > As bait.

    rofl mso

    Bryan, Oct 12, 2003
  10. Mike J

    trout Guest

    Bryan wrote:

    > "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In news:3f88858b$0$169$,
    >> Boomer <> typed

    >> So we can all read the same message twice? what a good idea

    > That's it, geek!
    > Welcome to the Kilfile Klub!

    Yes, *once* is too often to read some messages.
    --
    "He must be lonely since BH finally plonked him."

    trout, Oct 12, 2003
  11. Mike J

    jeroen Guest

    In article <>, mjb7007
    *noSpamming*@hotmail.com says...

    70% is questions that could have been solved in 2 minutes with google.
    30 % is actually interesting problems.

    Of the total posts about 85% contains insufficient or no usable
    information about the system and software involved.
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Oct 12, 2003
  12. Mike J

    Boomer Guest

    jeroen wrote:

    > In article <>, mjb7007
    > *noSpamming*@hotmail.com says...
    >>

    > 70% is questions that could have been solved in 2 minutes with
    > google. 30 % is actually interesting problems.
    >
    > Of the total posts about 85% contains insufficient or no usable
    > information about the system and software involved.

    <BG>

    Boomer, Oct 12, 2003
  13. Mike J

    Mike J Guest

    "Boomer" <>
    Informned:

    > > 70% is questions that could have been solved in 2 minutes with
    > > google. 30 % is actually interesting problems.
    > >
    > > Of the total posts about 85% contains insufficient or no usable
    > > information about the system and software involved.

    I've noticed you are correct. Can you say "search engine" Tommy?

    Mike J, Oct 12, 2003