    Help ..... I need it

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Feb 22, 2006

  2. It's probably an ECS K7VTA or L7VTA board then

    www.ecs.com.tw

    look under downloads -> motherboard -> socket 462

    unfortunatly there are quite a few K7VTA and L7VTA boards, hopefully they
    all use the same audio :p

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Collector»NZ

    XPD Guest

    > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the CPU is
    > XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers for it
    > anyone got any info on sound drivers.
    >
    > The machine got bad virus problems and the reload had to be with a copy of
    > windows using existing license key as the drive was to badly messed up to
    > use the recovery position.
    >
    > No real motherbd ids just 27vta.
    >
    > Help ..... I need it

    Try looking for "unknown device identifier" on google. Great little prog
    which will usually tell you the manufacturer of your hardware.

    XPD, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Collector»NZ

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    ....nz says...

    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the CPU is
    > > XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers for it
    > > anyone got any info on sound drivers.
    > >
    > > The machine got bad virus problems and the reload had to be with a copy of
    > > windows using existing license key as the drive was to badly messed up to
    > > use the recovery position.
    > >
    > > No real motherbd ids just 27vta.
    > >
    > > Help ..... I need it

    > Try looking for "unknown device identifier" on google. Great little prog
    > which will usually tell you the manufacturer of your hardware.

    Nice... but of the about 1,360,000 results - which one is it?

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Feb 22, 2006
  5. In article <43fc292d$>, says...
    > Subject: Hey i am up a tree
    > From: Collector»NZ <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the CPU is
    > XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers for it anyone
    > got any info on sound drivers.

    I think you can safely assume that they'll be Realtek AC97 drivers. Virtually
    all the cheap mobos with onboard sound used those a.f.a.i.k.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Collector»NZ

    XPD Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >>> Try looking for "unknown device identifier" on google. Great little prog

    >> which will usually tell you the manufacturer of your hardware.

    > Nice... but of the about 1,360,000 results - which one is it?
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Almost any of the 1st page.... and its 1,460,000 results ;)

    XPD, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Collector»NZ

    Rob J Guest

    In article <43fc292d$>,
    says...
    > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the CPU is
    > XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers for it anyone
    > got any info on sound drivers.
    >
    > The machine got bad virus problems and the reload had to be with a copy of
    > windows using existing license key as the drive was to badly messed up to use
    > the recovery position.
    >
    > No real motherbd ids just 27vta.

    TRy PC Chips?

    Rob J, Feb 22, 2006
  8. Collector»NZ

    MarkH Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in

    > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the
    > CPU is XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers
    > for it anyone got any info on sound drivers.
    >
    > The machine got bad virus problems and the reload had to be with a
    > copy of windows using existing license key as the drive was to badly
    > messed up to use the recovery position.
    >
    > No real motherbd ids just 27vta.
    >
    > Help ..... I need it

    A freeware utility like Aida32 should provide you with the necessary info.

    Here's a link I found with google:
    http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Feb 22, 2006
  9. Collector»NZ

    J.wilson Guest

    > Got a pc company machine here, VIA motherboard, no model id and the CPU is
    > XP2400+ it has on board sound, but I can not locate xp drivers for it
    > anyone got any info on sound drivers.
    >
    > The machine got bad virus problems and the reload had to be with a copy of
    > windows using existing license key as the drive was to badly messed up to
    > use the recovery position.
    >
    > No real motherbd ids just 27vta.
    >
    > Help ..... I need it

    Does not the actual sound chip on the mb have enough
    info to find a working driver? Might not have to be a
    dedicated mb one.

    J.wilson, Feb 23, 2006
  10. Collector»NZ

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    ....nz says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > >> which will usually tell you the manufacturer of your hardware.

    > > Nice... but of the about 1,360,000 results - which one is it?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Duncan

    > Almost any of the 1st page.... and its 1,460,000 results ;)

    k, taa - and it's about 1,370,000 "tonight".

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Feb 23, 2006
  11. Collector»NZ