    Kue2 Guest

    Grasshopper wants to know.......
    Any news on Windows 7 beta to the General public?
    Kue2, Jan 6, 2009

  2. Soon. Very soon.

    Honestly, I don't know exactly. I'm waiting too. I have a box that needs a
    rebuild and I don't want to do it until we have the beta bits. But I figure
    they all just got back from the holidays, so it shouldn't take them too
    long.

    IME, builds are most often dropped on Fridays onto Connect for tech betas.
    When they make it onto public downloads or MSDN is anyone's guess.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 6, 2009

  3. Well, I note that Steve B is giving the keynote tonight. Wouldn't be the
    first time something was announced at a SteveB keynote...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 7, 2009
  4. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Have fun.

    On January 9th, the Windows 7 Beta will be available for Windows enthusiasts
    to download via the Windows 7 page on Windows.com. The Windows 7 Beta is
    going to be available download-only (we're not sending out physical media)
    and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who
    download the beta.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2009
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 8, 2009
  6. Good and comforting news, Charlie. I guess there's a podcast somewhere,
    'cause I didn't hear this.

    I'll be off i-net from the 15:th and don't yet know for how long, nor indeed
    from where?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 8, 2009
  7. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    And the zillion of unofficial torrent links that will come out after that.
    Authenticity can be checked via the MD5 checksum or something like that.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 8, 2009
  8. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Good luck, friend. Hope you get back soon.

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2009
  9. Thank you, John!

    Hopefully, for a short duration, I shall be able to have a peek at the
    'goings-on' here and be back within a time-frame that in anybody's mind
    could just as well be a vacation. But then, you never really do know. Six
    month's ago I thought I was on the fast track to retirement. Now, the only
    thing that will see retire'ing, will be the GrandVoyager - flexibillity and
    adaptation is King!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 8, 2009
  10. Hurry back. We'll miss you...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 8, 2009
  11. Any and every instant without a connection is shear pain! I do not intend to
    dally about it!!!

    Incidently, though - cell phones being nearly omnipotent these days and
    Sweden (where I am about to hammer down the pegs) being litterally littered
    with antennas, to the extent that even in the deepest of forrests I should
    have little trouble finding a wireless connection that is not overly
    expensive. Remains to figure out - which forrest?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 9, 2009
  12. Sounds like a lot of fun, though I suspect that forest might be a bit
    coolish this time of the year...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 9, 2009