Hey, buddy, not so fast.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dudley Hanks, May 4, 2009.

  1. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    Dudley Hanks, May 4, 2009

  2. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Oh well..." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
    >>
    >>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=102
    >>
    >>Comments welcome.

    > Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
    > to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.

    Oh, well...

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 4, 2009

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Bob Larter Guest

    Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "Oh well..." <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=102
    >>>
    >>> Comments welcome.

    >> Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
    >> to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.
    >>

    > Oh, well...

    Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
    severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
    Keep on plugging away. ;^)

    Bob Larter, May 4, 2009
  4. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Bob Larter" <> wrote in message
    > Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >> "Oh well..." <> wrote in message

    >>> Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they
    >>> have
    >>> to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.
    >>>

    >> Oh, well...

    > Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
    > severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do. Keep
    > on plugging away. ;^)

    They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there was a
    "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 4, 2009
  5. Dudley Hanks

    SneakyP Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in

    > "Bob Larter" <> wrote in message
    >> Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> "Oh well..." <> wrote in message

    >>> Oh, well...

    >> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
    >> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
    >> Keep on plugging away. ;^)
    >>
    >> --

    > They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
    > was a "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

    Truth is those types are blinder (in mental terms) than the legally blind
    are blind. Could whoever it is be a tad jealous???

    Nice photography for a "blind" user. I have recently purchased the
    lesser cousin - Rebel XS and haven't had much trouble at all getting
    decent pictures. Here's to our discovery in the DSLR world!

    --
    SneakyP
    To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

    Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
    down :0)

    SneakyP, May 5, 2009
  6. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "SneakyP" <> wrote in message
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Bob Larter" <> wrote in message

    >>> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
    >>> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
    >>> Keep on plugging away. ;^)
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
    >> was a "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.

    > Truth is those types are blinder (in mental terms) than the legally blind
    > are blind. Could whoever it is be a tad jealous???
    >
    > Nice photography for a "blind" user. I have recently purchased the
    > lesser cousin - Rebel XS and haven't had much trouble at all getting
    > decent pictures. Here's to our discovery in the DSLR world!
    >

    > --
    > SneakyP
    > To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.
    >
    > Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
    > down :0)

    The Canon entry level DSLR's do quite well. When I think back to what I had
    to do to get good pics from 1600 ISO film, I'm amazed that usable pics are
    routine at that speed with these cams.

    Of course, those 5D's and Nikons D3's (and both company's other top shelf
    stuff) would yield better results yet. The pic of Mich doing the traffic
    check in particular could be done a lot better with high end help.

    Take Care, and enjoy your XS,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 5, 2009
  7. Dudley Hanks

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, May 5, 2009
  8. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >> Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
    >>
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=102
    >>
    >> Comments welcome.

    > Good shot.
    > The reduced copy is not sharpened and even softer than irfanview does,
    > reducing without sharpening... the original is fine.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Furman

    Thanks, Paul, my gallery software renders the small image from the shot I
    post.

    The larger pic was reduced from the actual original, which is about a half
    frame crop. My daughter did the crop using Microsoft Picture Manager, and I
    then down-sized (also using MS Pic Manager).

    I'm actually getting back into the zone when it comes to shooting. None of
    these shots were eye-balled, just P&S. And, I'm quite happy I got some pics
    framed that were zoomed in a fair bit. I've got one I will be posting
    (probably tomorrow) that was shot at a focal length of 39mm (that's what?
    about 62mm equiv for a 35mm). Not a great zoom shot, but the technique is
    slowly developing.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 5, 2009
  9. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 5/4/09 1:31 PM, in article xwGLl.25556$Db2.7698@edtnps83, "Dudley
    > Hanks"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Bob Larter" <> wrote in message

    >>> Don't worry about idiots like that, Dudley. I know a few people with
    >>> severely impaired vision, & I'm amazed that you do as well as you do.
    >>> Keep
    >>> on plugging away. ;^)
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> They amuse me more than bother me, especially this one. If ever there
    >> was a
    >> "lame tactic," hassling a blind guy has to be tops on the list.
    >>

    > It gives him something to do between cleaning his 'special purpose' off
    > his
    > mama's computer while she's out turning tricks to keep them supplied with
    > Crack. To him, it is quite an accomplishment.

    The brain stem works, but not much else...

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, May 5, 2009
  10. Dudley Hanks

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 04 May 2009 08:49:33 -0500, Oh well... <> wrote:
    : On Mon, 04 May 2009 04:47:49 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >Mich was so enamoured with Breton she had to beat him off with a stick...
    : >
    : >http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=102
    : >
    : >Comments welcome.
    :
    : Someone doesn't get enough RL attention with their blindness so they have
    : to inflict the rest of the world with their lame tactics.

    Well, who has the lamer tactics? Dudley with his links you don't have to
    follow to pictures you don't have to look at? Or you, whose smartass remarks
    get accidentally downloaded by whoever happens to read this newsgroup?

    Robert Coe, May 9, 2009